Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU to AAC Nuggets - Facilities & Shula Bowl

Regarding buyout and facilities:

Back to the top

On the future of post move contests vs FIU, including the Shula Bowl:

Back to the top

Better tv deal and revenue will help with that. 
Back to the top

Does that mean we finally get a respectable basketball arena and actually try to win in that sport ?  Because that's long overdue!
Back to the top

Man I’m reading some of the remaining C-USA school’s outlooks on this whole thing and all I see is damage control and an absolute mess. UTEP wants out and to go to the MWC. Marshall wants to go to the Sun Belt with Southern Miss and LA Tech. WKU and MTSU might be MAC targets and ODU wants to stay and bring in JMU and Liberty. What chaos! Still nothing on FIU wonder what they’ll do. Would be a shame to lose the Shula Bowl and an automatic W every year but oh well bigger and better things on the horizon. Man it must suck to be a C-USA leftover right now!
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Man I’m reading some of the remaining C-USA school’s outlooks on this whole thing and all I see is damage control and an absolute mess. UTEP wants out and to go to the MWC. Marshall wants to go to the Sun Belt with Southern Miss and LA Tech. WKU and MTSU might be MAC targets and ODU wants to stay and bring in JMU and Liberty. What chaos! Still nothing on FIU wonder what they’ll do. Would be a shame to lose the Shula Bowl and an automatic W every year but oh well bigger and better things on the horizon. Man it must suck to be a C-USA leftover right now!
Posted On: Oct 19th 2021, 9:16 PM #404220

I would work hard to make that an annual OOC game like UGA/G. Tech
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Oct 20th 2021, 7:39 AM #404221

I agree. We need to keep the FIU game. I wonder if FIU would push to keep it as well. Seems like both ADs should be strong proponents of keeping the rivalry intact.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

GeorgiaOwl said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Oct 20th 2021, 7:39 AM #404221

I agree. We need to keep the FIU game. I wonder if FIU would push to keep it as well. Seems like both ADs should be strong proponents of keeping the rivalry intact.
Posted On: Oct 20th 2021, 9:52 AM #404223

I think we should keep it but we should play it here. We can pay them for the trouble. Theres no reason we need to go down to FIU to play that game anymore.
Back to the top
Control functions: