Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CUSA and AAC merger on the table...

Yea no shot and total showing of weakness by C-USA. This conference is a joke we need out ASAP
Back to the top

luckily that plan didn't go through… hopefully we are successful at getting in …

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver Bullet said

luckily that plan didn't go through… hopefully we are successful at getting in …
Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 7:21 PM #404170
"The expectation is that they will be accepted and the AAC will grow to a 14-team football league. (Also 14 teams in hoops.)"
Back to the top

Thank goodness
Back to the top

I'm shocked if true and Louisiana Tech didn't get in over one of the other 3 Texas schools.   I've heard big things on them and FAU adding to facilities and such.
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

I'm shocked if true and Louisiana Tech didn't get in over one of the other 3 Texas schools.   I've heard big things on them and FAU adding to facilities and such.
Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 8:42 PM #404174

I mean you can easily tell it was about markets. Ruston probably wasn’t high on the list 
Back to the top

Better TV deal and bowl selections. Also better conference opponents. I’m willing to wager there is a plan to renovate the stadium in the works  since it’s 10 years it opened and other than the locker rooms and sports medicine it really hasn’t a major upgrade to it. Moving conferences will help with that with the better tv deals and revenue sharing. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

SeminOwl28 said

Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 8:42 PM #404174

I mean you can easily tell it was about markets. Ruston probably wasn’t high on the list 
Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 9:07 PM #404176

I mean obviously but that is a mistake cusa made.  You have to get both. . .

I get it with marshall. They are broke.  But I thought la tech was going to add a lot from the people I talked to around their campus.

If the sun belt adds Marshall , southern miss, wku and la tech we could see markets vs on field product.   I hope we and the other market adds improve in that case.

We need to get a new basketball arena and try to actually win in that sport now too. Would be long overdue
Back to the top

d-owl said

Silver Bullet said

Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 7:21 PM #404170
"The expectation is that they will be accepted and the AAC will grow to a 14-team football league. (Also 14 teams in hoops.)"
Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 8:07 PM #404172

Let’s look at this way. FAU as a university comes out the winners in this move. Besides the better TV deal that AAC has that will help Athletics you often see commercials for a school like Temple or a soon to be leaving UCF come on during a football program with AAC schools. And this is a terrific opportunity for President Kelly and the university to promote the school and get the name out there to potential students. 
Back to the top

big time FAU fan but some of us are getting too cocky and looking down on other teams when we are a nobody. When the deal gets officially announced; I will believe it.
Back to the top
Control functions: