Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CUSA and AAC merger on the table...

Crazy I remember Schnelly saying way back in the day the goal was for FAU to join the Big East. At the time it was a pipedream. Now this isn't vintage BE by any stretch, but this is the remnant BE conference.
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

DeltAlumnus said

SeminOwl28 said

I'm shocked if true and Louisiana Tech didn't get in over one of the other 3 Texas schools.   I've heard big things on them and FAU adding to facilities and such.
Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 8:42 PM #404174

I mean you can easily tell it was about markets. Ruston probably wasn’t high on the list 
Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 9:07 PM #404176

I mean obviously but that is a mistake cusa made.  You have to get both. . .

I get it with marshall. They are broke.  But I thought la tech was going to add a lot from the people I talked to around their campus.

If the sun belt adds Marshall , southern miss, wku and la tech we could see markets vs on field product.   I hope we and the other market adds improve in that case.

We need to get a new basketball arena and try to actually win in that sport now too. Would be long overdue
Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 9:19 PM #404178

I would think THAT would be a requirement of accepting us!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

SeminOwl28 said

DeltAlumnus said

SeminOwl28 said

I'm shocked if true and Louisiana Tech didn't get in over one of the other 3 Texas schools.   I've heard big things on them and FAU adding to facilities and such.
Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 8:42 PM #404174

I mean you can easily tell it was about markets. Ruston probably wasn’t high on the list 
Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 9:07 PM #404176

I mean obviously but that is a mistake cusa made.  You have to get both. . .

I get it with marshall. They are broke.  But I thought la tech was going to add a lot from the people I talked to around their campus.

If the sun belt adds Marshall , southern miss, wku and la tech we could see markets vs on field product.   I hope we and the other market adds improve in that case.

We need to get a new basketball arena and try to actually win in that sport now too. Would be long overdue
Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 9:19 PM #404178

I would think THAT would be a requirement of accepting us!

Posted On: Oct 19th 2021, 9:03 AM #404192

I hope so. That is long overdue. Tired of ignoring basketball.  It's the 2nd most popular sport in  terms of ratings and revenue
Back to the top

For sure - why it is considered a revenue sport!
Back to the top

Honestly I think baseball is more deserving of investment just based on the success of that program 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Honestly I think baseball is more deserving of investment just based on the success of that program 
Posted On: Oct 19th 2021, 9:22 AM #404195

Agree with ya there and BOTH need HUGE upgrades, especially basketball to compete in the former BigEast.

ALL sports will have to have BIG improvements in recruiting to not became a doormat addition IMHO!
Back to the top

IF this goes through as reported looks more than likely a AAC conference division split of

East

East Carolina
Navy
Temple
USF
FAU
UAB
UNCC (Charlotte)

West

Memphis
SMU
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
UNT
UTSA
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

IF this goes through as reported looks more than likely a AAC conference division split of

East

East Carolina
Navy
Temple
USF
FAU
UAB
UNCC (Charlotte)

West

Memphis
SMU
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
UNT
UTSA

Posted On: Oct 19th 2021, 11:25 AM #404198

Navy wants to stay in the west with the Texas schools.  And Wichita state is in the west for all sports but football.

Memphis will likely shift east
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

GeorgiaOwl said

East

East Carolina
Navy
Temple
USF
FAU
UAB
UNCC (Charlotte)

West

Memphis
SMU
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
UNT
UTSA

Navy wants to stay in the west with the Texas schools.  And Wichita state is in the west for all sports but football.

Posted On: Oct 19th 2021, 11:47 AM #404199

Could be of course but that would just be an odd choice expense wise!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

SeminOwl28 said

GeorgiaOwl said

East

East Carolina
Navy
Temple
USF
FAU
UAB
UNCC (Charlotte)

West

Memphis
SMU
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
UNT
UTSA

Posted On: Oct 19th 2021, 11:47 AM #404199

Could be of course but that would just be an odd choice expense wise!
Posted On: Oct 19th 2021, 1:17 PM #404204

Navy is already in the west right now and are football only.  Wichita state is west in the rest of the sports and fits the western geographically
Back to the top
Control functions: