Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions: FAU @ Charlotte

FAU travels to charlotte this week in a pivotal Conference USA game. There is no reason FAU shouldn’t win this game. They are the more talented team by far. But they have always struggled and play close games against Charlotte.

But until this team proves to me that they can win on the road under Taggart I don’t have any faith in them winning this game at Charlotte. If they do win they need to get off to a good start to give them some confidence on going on the road. Prove me wrong!

FAU loses

FAU 17
Charlotte 27 
Back to the top

I’m also going to say that we lose a close one. This year is a wash and now the direction of the program under Taggart is concerning at least to me. Maybe we just got spoiled with Lane who knows. Anyway, 31-28 Charlotte wins
Back to the top

We are more talented and coming off a bye week, if we can't win this, we're going to be hard pressed to win any road games. 34-27 FAU
Back to the top

FAU 26
Charlotte 21

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

owlmart said

We are more talented and coming off a bye week, if we can't win this, we're going to be hard pressed to win any road games. 34-27 FAU
Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 10:02 PM #404181

I am not sure if we do have more talent this year with our only wins coming against Fordham, FIU and Georgia Southern. Until we win a road game, I do not know how we can be favored in Charlotte.
Charlotte 28 FAU 17.
Back to the top

Well I think we can win the rest of our home games and if we beat ODU on the road, we’ll definitely make a bowl for the fourth time in six years so there’s that
Back to the top

Lol, this is crazy!

Probably a first on this forum as well…never a "fan" of posting predictions from the heart, so in contrast, that is actually refreshing.

Anyways, Perry has no hand issues to deal with this week (something that had to be kept quiet last week), so we'll likely see no interceptions or fumbles under center.

We are by far the better team. Don't care what the line says. However will deduct a few points due to the "head game" of overcoming the paradigm of gaining a win on the road.

Keep the turnovers to one at most, and pick off a pass or two as the equalizer:

FAU 32  Charlotte 20

Back to the top

This is a game the Owls should win. I don't expect it to be pretty or dominating. That just isn't what this team is about it. 

Fearless Prediction:

FAU 27
Charlotte 24

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Rick said

Keep the turnovers to one at most, and pick off a pass or two as the equalizer:

FAU 32  Charlotte 20
Posted On: Oct 19th 2021, 8:56 PM #404219

Not one to toot my own horn, but do believe that this was the "closest" overall  :-]

Back to the top
Control functions: