Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CUSA and AAC merger on the table...

AAC does not have divisions now and sure hope they do not want on 14 teams in one group, sets up with new divisions nicely, nobody in East I listed would ne west of Birmingham - really reducing travel for all members!
Back to the top

And I am speaking of football. and I believe Navy is football only
Back to the top

I think we have beaten every team at one point aside from Temple (Dont think we've played them?) and Navy. Should be pretty competitive for a conference title. No shot in basketball but at least the AAC gets at large bids.
Back to the top

So now the cusa schools left will act like we added nothing and ramp up the disrespect.

And the AAC will act like we are just a market add and ramp up the disrespect

Gonna get it from both sides until we enter the AAC and win something.   Not that I care .  Salty cusa leftovers are just crying and the aac teams left aren't world beaters or anything
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Better TV deal and bowl selections. Also better conference opponents. I’m willing to wager there is a plan to renovate the stadium in the works  since it’s 10 years it opened and other than the locker rooms and sports medicine it really hasn’t a major upgrade to it. Moving conferences will help with that with the better tv deals and revenue sharing. 
Posted On: Oct 18th 2021, 9:12 PM #404177

I don't see renovations until we start putting more butts in seats. We have a few other facilities that need attention first.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

AAC does not have divisions now and sure hope they do not want on 14 teams in one group, sets up with new divisions nicely, nobody in East I listed would ne west of Birmingham - really reducing travel for all members!
Posted On: Oct 19th 2021, 2:10 PM #404206

I'm sure they'll want a AAC championship game…. for revenue and exposure….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Reading new AAC schools will start at receiving $2M a year to begin and go up with time until get to full share which is presently $7M. Still 4X better than CUSA payout now which seems to be dying as SunBelt going after 3 CUSA programs (Marshall, S. Miss and ODU plus James Madison). CUSA also wants to add JMU and Liberty so we shall soon see who wins. I bet on Belt!!!

If Belt wins the remaining 5 CUSA schools are up the creek without a paddle (FIU, WKU, MTSU, La. Tech and UTEP).
Back to the top

So if this all shakes out and the Belt wins this battle with CUSA, what do the 5 CUSA leftovers do?

1) Invite independents like Liberty, Army, NM St., UConn :Laughing: , and bring up some other FCS schools

2) Become Independents themselves……

Best of luck to them, tough spot to be in!!!!
Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: