Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

IT'S OFFICIAL! FAU to the American Athletic Conference

For the third time in 15 years, the Florida Atlantic Owls will be changing their athletic conference affiliation.…

Read more

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here

There will be a press conference TODAY at noon, with AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco and FAU AD Brian White attending.

Back to the top

The article above has been updated with quotes from FAU President John Kelly and Athletic Director Brian White.

Back to the top

:Love:  :Love:  :Love:

Back to the top

I'm really proud of FAU today. It's amazing to think back to that first game in 2001, the stadium opening 10 years later, and now this invitation. This is it, we made it. There will always be more realignment, but this move realizes the original vision and ambition for FAU athletics. I can't wait to settle in to the AAC and see our Owls continue their success. I remember when we were in the TAAC with UCF. It's amazing how much these institutions have grown. We're now conference-mates with USF. I think they were already in the Big East when we were still playing I-AA football. Congratulations to the entire FAU athletics community.

Now, let's update our basketball facilities!
Back to the top

This is great news.

We’ll be detached from FIU for the first time. Was it better facilities that made the difference? Did FIU apply? I haven’t visited their message board in many years. What do FIU fans have to say about this? Do they have a message board anymore? 
Hopefully we won’t be called FIU on national television anymore. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FAU will have their own presser at 4:30 this afternoon.

Back to the top

The AAC will definitely lead the country in schools with Owls as their mascot  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Here's the first statement from Coach Taggart regarding the move.

Back to the top

Positive news, but hard to know what to make of the conference landscape. It is surprising USF has not gone on to bigger and better things. They have been down lately, but at one point they were a legit top 25 team. At the same time, when we left the SBC it looked to be left for dead and then it turned things around last year with Louisiana and Coastal Carolina getting lots of attention. The AAC is a better brand than CUSA and should make for some fun games with USF, SMU, Memphis, and Tulsa. Hopefully we improve on the field to stay competitive.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: