Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME CAPSULE: FAU vs MTSU - November 27, 2021

Add topic

FAU Hosts MTSU for Regular Season Finale

The Matchup: Middle Tennessee (5-6, 3-4  C-USA) @ Florida Atlantic (5-6, 3-4 C-USA)

When: Saturday, November 27th, 7:00 PM

Where: Howard Schnellenberger Field at FAU Stadium

TV: Stadium - Check Local Listings

Stream: Stadium, CW34 Locally

Radio: Radio: FoxSports 640

Opening Line: FAU - 5

Weather: Current conditions in Boca Raton, FL

The Series: The Blue Raiders own a 12-5 advantage over the Owls, but FAU has won the last 2-of-3. Last season's contest was cancelled due to positive COVID19 tests in the Blue Raider camp.

MTSU Team Site: Here

Key Stats Comparison:

Owl Notes

It's win or go home for the Owls. A win gives them bowl eligibility, a loss ends their season outright.

After a blowout 52-17 loss to the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, FAU looks to bounce back, but it might have to do so without two of their best cornerbacks.

Diashun Moss was ruled out for the season last week, and with Romain "Smoke" Mungin in concussion protocol, they may need to look far down the cornerback depth chart for Saturday's game.

The safety duo of Jordan Helm and Teja Young [photo] really helped with both of those key players missing, racking up a combined 40 tackles over the last two weeks and with Young notching a pick-six in last week's game.

Offensively, it's more of the same. Overreliance on Johnny Ford, who WKU keyed in on and kept to just 43 yards on 13 carries, and failed deep passes.

Can they fix these issues? They'll have to if they want to continue their season.

Blue Raider Notes

FAU isn't the only team fighting for its bowl-eligibility life on Saturday. With a 24-17 loss to Old Dominion, MTSU is also fighting for a chance to keep its season alive.

The Blue Raiders feature one of the best defensive backs in the country, Quincy Riley. He has a share of first place in the nation in interceptions with five and could close out the season alone with a strong performance in Boca Raton. With FAU's turnover struggles as of late, he could capitalize off of that.

Offensively, the Blue Raiders are a very pass-heavy team, ranking 29th in the nation in pass attempts per game. They're not as efficient as WKU, who torched FAU for 508 passing yards, however, with the team averaging just 235 yards of passing per game.

Back to the top

Possible for FAU to see a QB change going into Saturday as Perry took serval knocks that kept him from practice.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Well then, this would help out BIG TIME going into the final game of the regular season.

Back to the top

Coach Taggart quoting Coach Scnhellenberger this week.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Possible for FAU to see a QB change going into Saturday as Perry took serval knocks that kept him from practice.

Posted On: Nov 22nd 2021, 12:04 PM #405383

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Posted On: Nov 22nd 2021, 12:04 PM #405383

Back to the top

Good! Let Nick Tronti start this last game. He's a senior and he will win it for the team's trip to a bowl game. Tired of seeing/depending on 50/50 balls from WT's 'hyped up" transfer QB who underperformed! Our record is the same and probably better if  Perry never showed and Tronti started all year.  
Back to the top

BBwinstoDS37 said

Good! Let Nick Tronti start this last game. He's a senior and he will win it for the team's trip to a bowl game. Tired of seeing/depending on 50/50 balls from WT's 'hyped up" transfer QB who underperformed! Our record is the same and probably better if  Perry never showed and Tronti started all year.  
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2021, 6:16 PM #405412

Last year’s platoon at QB between Tronti and Posey wasn’t that much worse than what we’re seeing now with Perry. Might as well roll out the platoon with a little MJJ sprinkled in
Back to the top

Think Perry is still overall our best option at QB, although the last few weeks have been tough to watch. Tronti really isn't the answer but would be fine with him starting Saturday. With how bad the O Line has performed, not sure any QB would be totally comfortable running this offense.
Back to the top

Nick Tronti is a R-Jr.
It may be worth the gamble to start him and pull him real fast for Perry if nothing is happening.
Could work as a wake up call for Perry.
Back to the top