Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2021: FAU vs MTSU

Well FAU played like who I thought they were against WKU, and even them being a much a better team at home this year I don’t see much changing.

FAU’s offense has been bad the two years under Taggart, and I don’t see that changing against MTSU. This team has consistently regressed all year, and I don’t see that changing on Saturday.

FAU has another lackluster performance on offense, and the FAU defense keeps them in the game for a while. FAU loses a close one

MTSU 20-17

Back to the top

I'm going with 30 MTSU - 6 FAU

I think the game will be over by the half with a dominant performance by MTSU.
Back to the top

I want to believe we’re going to get the job done. Taggart needs to coach this game like it could be his last because it might just be. I’m going to say 20-14 Owls on the back of a dominant defensive performance and a pair of scores from Johnny Ford. Next stop Bahamas Bowl against some MAC team
Back to the top

I'm getting 2018 Charlotte last game of the season vibes. We start out doing some good things and then start falling apart.

27 - 21 MTSU.
Back to the top

d-owl said

I'm getting 2018 Charlotte last game of the season vibes. We start out doing some good things and then start falling apart.

27 - 21 MTSU.
Posted On: Nov 24th 2021, 8:25 PM #405435

Actually happened twice against them…Relive the 2016 moment as well - OVERTURNED.

Back to the top

A battle of 5-6 teams with bowl eligibility on the line for both. Must win for both teams. This has been a pretty heated rivalry in the past, so I don't see that changing this week. The big question leading into this one is if FAU will be motivated or if the team has already given up on the season. I hope the former, but fear the latter. A big win can do something to salvage the season and get a bowl bid. A big loss and it will be a long off-season with lots of doubt hanging over the future of Taggart and the program. Lose this week and the seat will be very hot starting with week one next season.

I doubt FAU comes in very motivated. I expect sloppy play from the Owls and a more determined showing from MTSU. Even so, I think FAU has the talent to pull off the win. Despite my better judgement I am going with FAU.

DESPERATE HOMER PREDICTION:

FAU 27
MTSU 24

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Rick said

d-owl said

27 - 21 MTSU.
Posted On: Nov 24th 2021, 8:25 PM #405435

Actually happened twice against them…Relive the 2016 moment as well - OVERTURNED.

Posted On: Nov 24th 2021, 10:09 PM #405436

:Vomit:
Back to the top

Hayball has a punt for sixty and a punt downed at their two.

Posey, Dean, McCammon, and Davidson lead a run-only offense in the fourth quarter…

…to bring us within seventeen.

No. We play (foot)balls-out. The win is decided by a flag toss and/or a wasted time-out.

54-51, FAU!   
Back to the top

As must as I appreciate the enthusiasm - I cannot even imagine our offense to be able to score 51 points
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

As must as I appreciate the enthusiasm - I cannot even imagine our offense to be able to score 51 points
Posted On: Nov 26th 2021, 10:23 AM #405445

Taking advantage in the double-point, lightening-round will be crucial to an Owl victory.
Back to the top
Control functions: