Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021-22 Off-season Roster Moves

My gut (which is bigger post-Thanksgiving) tells me we’re going to see a massive roster overhaul in the coming months. First up is Tyrek Tisdale. Won two rings and did everything from running back to special teams to linebacker. 

And he’s ANOTHER member of the 2017 title team who won’t be returning in 2022. Time flies. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

It’s over this team sucks the program is headed in the wrong direction. Lane would have found ways to win with these same players. Taggart sucks 
Back to the top

Why did Nick Tronti walk with the Seniors on Saturday night.
He is listed as a Redshirt Junior.
Does this mean he is graduating and leaving FAU or is he headed to the transfer portal?
Back to the top

These moves kind of have to happen this offseason. I don't know the numbers, but as it stands, I can't imagine we have more than a dozen available scholarships for next season
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

Why did Nick Tronti walk with the Seniors on Saturday night.
He is listed as a Redshirt Junior.
Does this mean he is graduating and leaving FAU or is he headed to the transfer portal?
Posted On: Nov 28th 2021, 6:34 PM #405571

He’s in his fifth year of school (2017 at IU, 2018-21 here) but a redshirt Junior with the Covid year…although he’s arguably a redshirt senior…I am so glad I don’t have to track it anymore. Lol. Too much math for me. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I do not see how next season would be a success if Willie has to overhaul the roster. Next season would be like his first season if that is the case as he would need to learn what the personnel can do. I did not think this would be a project like when Willie took the FSU job. Keith Reaser and William Dukes both tweeted yesterday about a coaching change being needed, so they feel the roster is not the main problem for this team’s struggle. 

Back to the top

Thing is it wasn't supposed to be a rebuild; Willie inherited a team coming off a dominant campaign and was supposed to keep the momentum going. I can understand last year being difficult with Covid AND ESPECIALLY losing Robison right before the season. We dealt with Covid, a bad O line and no viable QB last year – still at least made a bowl which I guess was the minimum expectation. However, there is no excuse for what happened this year. Everyone on that staff that is salvaged after tomorrow/next few weeks needs to be on notice with a short leash - and agree we may see players heading to the exits via the portal.
Back to the top

Well we do have some young pieces to build around. Wester is just a R-Fr and Ford, Burton, Moultrie and Eddie Williams are all Sophomores. I liked what I saw out of Zuberi Mobley as well this past Saturday. Really sucks to be stuck at home for holidays since we’re used to bowling now 3 out of the last 5 seasons but hopefully these young guys will come back better and hungry. MJJ needs to be our QB next year. He’ll also be a Sophomore but maybe his running ability can hide some of the O-Line issues we got idk. I just think he was the best looking QB at the spring game by a mile 
Back to the top

I “think” MJJ has 4 years of eligibility since it’s 6 years to play 4. He may not want to be in college for that long, but if he’s as good as advertised, 4 years would be amazing. 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

I just think he was the best looking QB at the spring game by a mile 
Posted On: Nov 29th 2021, 9:08 PM #405597
Completely agree about MJJ and not sure why we never saw not even a snap this season.
Perry never impressed in my opinion.

Back to the top
Control functions: