Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Hot seat

faufan2017 said

Im already looking ahead to next season and I’m worried. I can very well see us going 1-3 in our OOC ( with losses to Ohio, Perdue and UCF) and will face a very good UTSA and Marshall.

If NKosi Perry won’t return, we’ll be stuck with another freshman QB or transfer and bam another wasted season.
Posted On: Dec 5th 2021, 11:41 PM #405805
Yes, next year is going to be a difficult schedule starting with Ohio, Purdue and UCF and it will not get any easier in C-USA play unless we improve dramatically.
We played UTSA in 2019 & 2020 (winning both) so we should not see them for a while in the rotation of western teams.
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Im already looking ahead to next season and I’m worried. I can very well see us going 1-3 in our OOC ( with losses to Ohio, Perdue and UCF) and will face a very good UTSA and Marshall. 

If NKosi Perry won’t return, we’ll be stuck with another freshman QB or transfer and bam another wasted season. 

Are we playing Ohio or Ohio St.?

Ohio was a bad 3-9 this year, we can beat them! :Smug: Maybe….

Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Michael Johnson Jr will be the QB next yr… even if Perry returns I think Johnson will beat him outright during the spring and fall campaigns

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

faufan2017 said

Are we playing Ohio or Ohio St.?

Ohio was a bad 3-9 this year, we can beat them! :Smug: Maybe….

Posted On: Dec 6th 2021, 9:49 AM #405807

It’s a road game Georgia! That means it’s a big fat L!!!!!!! Willie can’t win on the road! 
Back to the top

What do ya mean??/ WE did beat Charlotte on the road! :Smug:  UNCC who DID collapse late in the season (1-5) to blow Bowl eligibility like we did :Thinking:
Back to the top

I was initially upset with the state of our program for the last two years but I'm finally coming around the other side to give Taggart another chance this next season. He has done his best on his 3rd year at every stop so maybe he might be able to do the same next year. So lets see what happens

Back to the top

Taggart deserves to get another season.  Much of his first year was derailed by Covid.  This year was certainly disappointing, but I think a coach should get 3 years under most circumstances.  

That said, next year is really make or break for Willie here.  If they don’t win next year, it will be a real easy call to make a change going into a new conference in 2023.
Back to the top

Sounds like some folks have been listening to the podcast, particularly Kirk's commentary!

:Big-Grin:

In all seriousness though, agreed on year three.

Third is the charm on a number of levels.

Questions is how many wins chills the seat?

Personally I think you have to go 7-5, 6-6 will not do it.

Back to the top

I’d say a bare minimum of 8-4 would cool off a lot hot heads in the proverbial room right now 
Back to the top

I'll settle for 7 wins, with a chance for 8 in the bowl game, a blowout of FIU, and at least one other road win
Back to the top
Control functions: