Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 C-USA Bowl Games

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

David Slavic said

Also, I passed the WKU busses yesterday heading to their hotel for the Boca Bowl. I remember the feeling of going to a bowl game….
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 9:14 AM #405991

They deserve it, they kicked out butts with  FCS transfers. OPEN UP THE O WILLIE!!!!!!!!!!
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 10:00 AM #405993

Actually I prefer to run the ball into the D-Line, or throw to receivers that can't catch.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

David Slavic said

Also, I passed the WKU busses yesterday heading to their hotel for the Boca Bowl. I remember the feeling of going to a bowl game….
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 9:14 AM #405991

They deserve it, they kicked out butts with  FCS transfers. OPEN UP THE O WILLIE!!!!!!!!!!
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 10:00 AM #405993

Actually I prefer to run the ball into the D-Line, or throw to receivers that can't catch.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 11:26 AM #405994

And THAT is why I am excited to flip a WKU receiving prospect, they can catch obviously. Get 'em doing better Coach Ward. I am confident you will get that done!!! Go Owls and go Dogs! :Big-Grin:  :Winking:
Back to the top

BAHAMAS BOWL FINAL:

MTSU 31  Toledo 24

Toledo (7-6) led at halftime, 17-14, but the Blue Raiders (7-6) outscored the Rockets 17-7 in the fourth quarter to claim the win.

MTSU QB Nicholas Vattiato earned offensive player of the game honors after completing 23-of-35 passes for 270 yards and two touchdowns.

DQ Thomas earned defensive player of the game honors, leading the Blue Raiders with eight tackles and 1.5 tackles for loss, holding the Rockets to just 4-of-15 on third down in the afternoon.

Source: Staff Reports

Back to the top

Should have been us! Thanks Willie!
Back to the top

FULL Day of C-USA Bowl action ahead!

All teams are underdogs, but let's hope we can at least go 2-2  :Whew:

Back to the top

WKU looking good in the early going. Zappe is probably the best QB in C-USA by a mile. 
Back to the top

Yeah, i remember this feeling in 2019. Putting up big numbers, and winning bowls.

On Top of the World!

(only to lose everything the next season)

LOL
Back to the top

Rick said

Yeah, i remember this feeling in 2019. Putting up big numbers, and winning bowls.

On Top of the World!

(only to lose everything the next season)

LOL
Posted On: Dec 18th 2021, 12:46 PM #406032

The Lane Days 😔
Back to the top

BOCA BOWL FINAL:

WKU 59  App State 38

Quarterback Bailey Zappe completed 33-of-47 passes for 422 yards and six touchdowns, leading the Hilltoppers to a 59-38 victory over App State in the 2021 Boca Raton Bowl on Saturday.

With 5,967 passing yards and 62 passing touchdowns in 14 contests this season, Zappe set new all-time single-season FBS records. The previous record holders were Texas Tech's B.J. Symons, who had 5,833 passing yards in 14 games in 2003 and LSU's Joe Burrow, who had 60 passing touchdowns in 15 games in 2019.

Saturday's win was just the second for WKU in six tries in their all-time series against the Mountaineers.

Back to the top

NEW MEXICO BOWL FINAL:

UTEP 24  Fresno State 31

The Miners went toe-to-toe with heavily favored Fresno State in the 16th annual PUBG MOBILE New Mexico Bowl, but the Bulldogs made a few more big plays down the stretch and slipped past UTEP, 31-24, on Saturday at University Stadium.

UTEP (7-6), a 13-point underdog entering the game, trailed just 26-24 when Trent Thompson scored on a 51-yard pass by Calvin Brownholtz with 14:10 remaining.

But a 21-yard field goal by Cesar Silva gave the Bulldogs (10-3) a little breathing room with 9:04 to play, and Miner quarterback Gavin Hardison was sacked in the end zone for a safety with 7:05 left.  Trailing 31-24, the Miners got the ball back with 5:27 to go and moved past midfield before Hardison fumbled on a first down rushing play.  The Bulldogs recovered and were able to run out the clock.

Back to the top
Control functions: