Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 C-USA Bowl Games

Add topic

FAU needs to try to find its way into the Gator bowl. It would give our players some more experience and would keep us in the national conversation
Back to the top

Looking to be Rutgers, so we may have a reason to root for them given our new OL Brendan Bordner. He doesn't know if he will play yet, coaches have discretion to invite/allow portal transfers to participate in bowl games.

Would think they would want him, but who knows.

Back to the top

I also read on ESPN that Miami (FL) may not be able to go to the Sun bowl. So who knows. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Back to the top

Lol in a prefect world we don’t get passed up for a 5-7 P5 squad. Too bad the world isn’t perfect
Back to the top

North Texas is beating themselves today.

Two picks that result in 10 points for Miami Ohio and at least 7 points lost for themselves.

They are down 27-14 early in the 2nd half.

NEED to get this one to even up C-USA at .500 for the bowl season.
Back to the top

Rick said

North Texas is STILL beating themselves today.
Posted On: Dec 23rd 2021, 5:40 PM #406064

Fixed it…

Drive all the way down the field and rather than take the easy three points, they go for it on 4th and goal and QB tosses it into the ground on a five yard throw.

(no, he is not good).

Looking like the league is going 3-5.

I guess not too bad overall since every team was an underdog but .500 would have felt much better.

Back to the top

FINAL:

North Texas 14  Miami OH 27

The Mean Green (6-7) can't overcome two interceptions at critical times, and close out 2021 win a loss.

North Texas was without leading rusher DeAndre Torrey (1,255 YDS, 13 TD).

The Redhawks (7-6) earn their first bowl win in 11 years.
Back to the top

Rick said

Rick said

North Texas is STILL beating themselves today.
Posted On: Dec 23rd 2021, 5:40 PM #406064

Fixed it…

Drive all the way down the field and rather than take the easy three points, they go for it on 4th and goal and QB tosses it into the ground on a five yard throw.

(no, he is not good).

Looking like the league is going 3-5.

I guess not too bad overall since every team was an underdog but .500 would have felt much better.

Posted On: Dec 23rd 2021, 6:35 PM #406065

We’re out after next year anyway not that big a deal I guess? We should have been in the Bahamas. This sucks!
Back to the top

Not good for recruiting for some programs who are left…we're pretty set, but still have a couple available spots that will likely not be impacted.

Besides, if we get into a second tier of departures in the Spring due to possible academic issues (at least two players right now), we'll be far away from what happened four months ago and shifting our recruiting brand/messaging to assembling the return to championship team building, so it will counter balance.
Back to the top

Rick said

FINAL:

North Texas 14  Miami OH 27

The Mean Green (6-7) can't overcome two interceptions at critical times, and close out 2021 win a loss.

North Texas was without leading rusher DeAndre Torrey (1,255 YDS, 13 TD).

The Redhawks (7-6) earn their first bowl win in 11 years.
Posted On: Dec 23rd 2021, 6:57 PM #406066

Good for Miami OH, 11 years is a long time to not go to a bowl game.  We went 9 and it was painful…

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: