Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UPDATED: MTSU/Kansas OC Brent Dearmon to FAU as OC/QB Coach

Taggart's running out of buddies to hire so, Lockette? Drevno? Not that it needs to be a buddy, I'm just leaning into the trend.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Is David Yost on mothballs somewhere?
Posted On: Dec 27th 2021, 10:57 PM #406090

I made this passing (no pun intended) joke a while back, and thought nothing of it, but now I hear (via Bruce Feldman's twitter) FIU is hiring Yost? Weird. We're…we're gonna hire somebody good, right…right?
Back to the top

Looks like we still need to hire a RB, TE and CB coach from what I can see.
Are there any good coaches out there that may want to come to FAU on a limited budget?
We still have a good RB room and really need to find someone to coach them up like
Kevin Smith did when Lane Kiffin was here.
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

Are there any good coaches out there that may want to come to FAU on a limited budget?
We still have a good RB room and really need to find someone to coach them up like
Posted On: Jan 3rd 2022, 7:32 AM #406159

I was under the impression that Pimpleton was brought on as our RB coach, and that, while he'll stay with the team, Johnson is out as OC. So that's some combination of OC, TE, QB and CB; with two remaining hires.
Back to the top

Donte Pimpleton has been on Willie’s staff at USF, Oregon and FSU as RB coach.
Although he is not listed on FAU staff at this time, he may be added soon.
Not sure where the OC position stands, but a dedicated QB coach could be a benefit to the offense.
Michael Johnson Sr. is now both the OC and QB coach.
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

Posted On: Jan 3rd 2022, 7:32 AM #406159
Looks like we have some hiring to do!
Mark Stoops leaves for UK to be with his brother.
DC, RB, TE and CB coaches.
That is a lot of positions to fill quickly. 🤷‍♂️
Back to the top

Through salary, needs and connections, would we look at Greg Frey, from Duke? Or are we not hearing anything cause the guy we want has a game tomorrow? Bowl season’s boring when, you, you don’t got one (though in recruiting, what’s his face put us in his top however many [Burt?])?
Back to the top

The Scoop says FIU is hiring Eric Hickson (well, they say that someone says…).

https://247sports.com/coach/Eric-Hickson-4241/
Back to the top

Coach Taggart has found his new OC, staying within C-USA and a staffer who beat this Owls this season:

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Well, he made our experienced defense look silly with a walk-on third string QB. Should count for something right? Still p*ssed off about that game btw 
Back to the top
Control functions: