Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME WEEK CAPSULE: FAU vs. WKU & Marshall - January 20 & 22, 2022

Add topic

Owls are is TURNING UP THE HEAT!

A Martin triple is followed by a nice off the glass kiss by Goldin old school style.

3:06 2nd:

WKU 62  FAU 70

Time to close this one out!

Back to the top

Uh oh, here come the Toppers…

2:03 2nd:

WKU 69  FAU 70

7-0 run by WKU.
Back to the top

BOOK IT!

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE
Back to the top

FINAL BOX:

FAU has a GREAT 2nd half, pulling away late for the "W".

Teams finish at 50% FG each, but FAU caches in on HOT 3PT effort down the stretch, 20 PTS off TO's, and hold a 38-26 margin in the paint.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE
Back to the top

Nice to be on the winning end of these games. WKU has had some great teams, glad to get this W. I remember when I was in school, WKU had a player, last name Sally, our fans weren’t kind to him. Ahhh the good old days of a packed burrow
Back to the top

Good game. Nice being able to watch a game on TV. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Turning attention to the back-end of this week's three game homestand, the Owls open as -5.5 point favorites against Marshall.

The Herd dropped a 70-66 affair last night at FIU in the first of their two Sunshine state tilts for the weekend. Marshall led at the break by a bucket, but the Panthers used a 10 point run to pull even, then away, for good down the stretch. The Herd managed just a 25% showing from distance, but leading scorer Taevion Kinsey still poured in a game high 25.

We'll have a full coverage crew tomorrow, with Sarah and yours truly on hand, as well as Jack holding down the socials and in game commentary.

Should be another great game for Coach May's crew - who appears to be in the midst of a nice upswing as of late.

Go Owls!

:cool:
Back to the top

No changes in the starting lineup from Thursday's BIG TIME WIN over WKU.

G - Forrest
G - Greenlee
G - Martin
G - Winchester
F - Goldin

Owls with a chance to do the double of Marshall.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

A picture from our own Rick of some Tailgating in Paradise ahead of the contest at The Burrow!

Back to the top

Owls are looking good early, having yet to fall behind against their West Virginian foes.

Forrest, Martin, and Davis all with a game-high five points against the surprisingly struggling Herd.

Back to the top
Control functions: