Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FSU vs FAU & Taggarts Success

David Slavic said

Lol this is the most entertaining argument to log in and see first thing on Monday morning.

Not that it matters, but here's my .02:

I've been on campus at UF, FSU, and UM. Honestly, the FSU campus is gorgeous. I went to grad school at Alabama, and FSU is honestly way nicer. Just a suckier program than the Tide, and that'll never change.

Doak Campbell is the nicest stadium I've ever been in. And if I were a recruit I would absolutely pick that campus and stadium over FAU. That's just the reality of a school that's been around since the mid to late 1800s versus one founded in the 60s.

But FAU has so much more potential as a rising mid-major program. FSU has a lot of work to do to become the hot program in the state, especially with the U hiring Cristobal, UF getting Napier, and UCF staying relatively hot and have Gus Malzahn, who won a natty at Aubarn. FAU has probably the second best location after Miami, because you really just can't compete with Miami and South Beach.

Regarding the coaches, we need to get through next year with Taggart, then hire Briles as the HC, and build from there. I think Briles is really the best option, and I don't see Lebby leaving OU, or any of the other coaches mentioned preciously leaving their jobs at nationally known programs. It's almost impossible to maintain success at Arkansas, and Sam Pittman is going to have a heck of a time keeping up with the success of this year, which was aided by all the players that stayed for another year due to Covid.
Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 10:18 AM #406417

Suckier program is relative lol.  Alabama is the standard now and all time.  Nobody will be better.  FSU has held their own in the next group though for football

I agree it's a beautiful campus. I don't comment negatively on places I haven't been.  That's why I knew the guy hadn't been there.  5 out of 5 my butt on the Florida school campus ratings.  Can't rate them without seeing them

Proud of FAU campus enhancements too and agree on growth potential. Still won't ever be Florida or Florida State but can improve.  We've been talking about growth for awhile though.   Now results and fan support have to actually improve and the baseball and basketball facilities need huge improvement

Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

David Slavic said

Lol this is the most entertaining argument to log in and see first thing on Monday morning.

I've been on campus at UF, FSU, and UM. Honestly, the FSU campus is gorgeous. I went to grad school at Alabama, and FSU is honestly way nicer. Just a suckier program than the Tide, and that'll never change.

Doak Campbell is the nicest stadium I've ever been in. And if I were a recruit I would absolutely pick that campus and stadium over FAU. That's just the reality of a school that's been around since the mid to late 1800s versus one founded in the 60s.

But FAU has so much more potential as a rising mid-major program. FSU has a lot of work to do to become the hot program in the state, especially with the U hiring Cristobal, UF getting Napier, and UCF staying relatively hot and have Gus Malzahn, who won a natty at Aubarn. FAU has probably the second best location after Miami, because you really just can't compete with Miami and South Beach.

Regarding the coaches, we need to get through next year with Taggart, then hire Briles as the HC, and build from there. I think Briles is really the best option, and I don't see Lebby leaving OU, or any of the other coaches mentioned preciously leaving their jobs at nationally known programs. It's almost impossible to maintain success at Arkansas, and Sam Pittman is going to have a heck of a time keeping up with the success of this year, which was aided by all the players that stayed for another year due to Covid.

Suckier program is relative lol.  Alabama is the standard now and all time.  Nobody will be better.  FSU has held their own in the next group though for football

I agree it's a beautiful campus. I don't comment negatively on places I haven't been.  That's why I knew the guy hadn't been there.  5 out of 5 my butt on the Florida school campus ratings.  Can't rate them without seeing them

Proud of FAU campus enhancements too and agree on growth potential. Still won't ever be Florida or Florida State but can improve.  We've been talking about growth for awhile though.   Now results and fan support have to actually improve and the baseball and basketball facilities need huge improvement

Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 11:44 AM #406418

I stand by my initial core arguments: fsu does not do anything better than any of the other Florida schools. This is mostly an academic argument.

Fsu campus reminds me of OU campus but dropped into Tallahassee surroundings.

I have been to pretty much every school in Florida and do not see any allure for attending or rooting for fsu. Never have and I am yet to be presented with any reasons to the contrary.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

SeminOwl28 said

David Slavic said

Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 11:44 AM #406418

I stand by my initial core arguments: fsu does not do anything better than any of the other Florida schools. This is mostly an academic argument.

Fsu campus reminds me of OU campus but dropped into Tallahassee surroundings.

I have been to pretty much every school in Florida and do not see any allure for attending or rooting for fsu. Never have and I am yet to be presented with any reasons to the contrary.
Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 6:53 PM #406425

Again I don't care about your opinion.  It's rooted in zero facts.  You've made it very clear that you'll just skip anything FSU does well and minimize it or ignore it.   You can shut up now .  

Again I love both schools but FSU and FAU are on completely different tiers.
Back to the top

FAU is superior
Back to the top

LawOwl said

FAU is superior
Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 7:22 PM #406427

In what way ?  It's comparing the majors to double A.    Could they rise someday?   Can never say never.  But right now there's zero comparison in anything except location in some of your opinion …

Its like my friends who went to Toledo or Akron or Kent state but grew up with OSU and went there too. It's two different levels.   It's not comparable.   Can like both but they aren't peers
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

LawOwl said

FAU is superior
In what way ?  It's comparing the majors to double A.    Could they rise someday?   Can never say never.  But right now there's zero comparison in anything except location in some of your opinion …
Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 7:24 PM #406428
FAU is one of the top universities in diversity/inclusion and first time in college while having the same average income of graduates. What else matters?

I have said is an opinion. It’s based in fact. Fsu fans just don’t like to hear that its a safety school.

The only thing fsu does superior to FAU is buyout its coaches to the tune of almost $20 million while hiring a replacement who has built nothing in his career and then extending him for underperforming.

We are one tiny step below fsu at this point. Ucf is a direct peer to fsu, Miami, and uf. The ohio comparison is not comparable to our situation because those schools have not shown the same investment/growth and the income disparities are great. I have a strong dislike for ohio state sports but I understand the allure of attending an internationally recognized university like ohio state. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

SeminOwl28 said

LawOwl said

FAU is superior

FAU is one of the top universities in diversity/inclusion and first time in college while having the same average income of graduates. What else matters?

I have said is an opinion. It’s based in fact. Fsu fans just don’t like to hear that its a safety school.

The only thing fsu does superior to FAU is buyout its coaches to the tune of almost $20 million while hiring a replacement who has built nothing in his career and then extending him for underperforming.
Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 7:28 PM #406429

If it's a safety school then fau is a take anybody school…because the score and standards are much lower.

South Florida as a whole is diverse.  Miami and fiu have that too … Sounding like a liberal where d&I is overly inflated.   Take the best period

I mean better facilities , academics , campus, championships , overall sports program etc.    

And yeah thh last football team to win a title.  Despite you trying stupidly to say ucf is a champ
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

NJOWL said

SeminOwl28 said

LawOwl said

FAU is superior

If it's a safety school then fau is a take anybody school…because the score and standards are much lower.

South Florida as a whole is diverse.  Miami and fiu have that too … Sounding like a liberal where d&I is overly inflated.   Take the best period

I mean better facilities , academics , campus, championships , overall sports program etc.    

And yeah thh last football team to win a title.  Despite you trying stupidly to say ucf is a champ
Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 7:33 PM #406430

Both schools are in the same category: not the absolute best or top. FAU is quickly becoming many students top choice because of its unique location that gives us access to one of the fastest growing markets in the country along living in one of the most desirable places in the world.

If you would like to use hard facts and not fluffy “liberal” standards: then the average incomes being so similar puts your entire argument to bed. Campus at FAU combined with being in a location that people actually like to live is a huge plus for us as well. How many people are moving to Tallahassee or live there voluntarily?

You lose a ton of credibility denying ucf’s national championship - it is reflected in the official ncaa record book. I think we can all see this argument is over. :-)

ROLL OWLS.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Btw average starting salary for the colleges on google after graduating undergrad:

FAU  43,200

Fsu 46,400

Toledo.  43,800

Ohio state.46,100

Of course that's a very simplistic way of looking at it.  But it's bursts your argument
Back to the top

NJOWL said

SeminOwl28 said

NJOWL said

SeminOwl28 said

LawOwl said

FAU is superior

Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 7:33 PM #406430

Both schools are in the same category: not the absolute best or top. FAU is quickly becoming many students top choice because of its unique location that gives us access to one of the fastest growing markets in the country along living in one of the most desirable places in the world.

If you would like to use hard facts and not fluffy “liberal” standards: then the average incomes being so similar puts your entire argument to bed. Campus at FAU combined with being in a location that people actually like to live is a huge plus for us as well. How many people are moving to Tallahassee or live there voluntarily?

You lose a ton of credibility denying ucf’s national championship - it is reflected in the official ncaa record book. I think we can all see this argument is over. :-)

ROLL OWLS.
Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 7:49 PM #406431

Na it isn't.  Because the numbers I posted crush your entire argument

Titles are won on the field.  Not by bs polls. And I think you know this. But it hurts your argument when you give Florida credit for being the last bball champ and then diminish FSU being the last football champ

When I watch FAU football games I see a stadium one fourth full.  

FAU has never won a title in anything. Never competed for it really.   

One NCAA bball tournament in history.

High school gym for bball.  Baseball not great either which sucks because that's their best program of the big 3 sports

It's just not the same level.   Trust me I'd love for them to improve.   But you are full of it if you think the schools are peers.

Ps:.  When were you on the fsu campus ?  I know you haven't been.  Because it blows away FAU.  Sorry but it's true
Back to the top
Control functions: