Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FSU vs FAU & Taggarts Success

owlmart said

David Slavic said

I don't even know what thread to put this in, but am I the only one that didn't realize that Charlie Partridge is working for Kiffin as the D-line coach??? And now Kiffin has added Chris Kiffin and Charlie Weis Jr.? Ole Miss is almost entirely old FAU staff now, at the key coaching roles.
Posted On: Jan 28th 2022, 11:51 AM #406504

I didn’t know about Charlie going there. I hope they do well, they all played a part in elevating FAU. Even 3-9 Charlie. 
Posted On: Jan 28th 2022, 11:54 AM #406505

Charlie Partridge is at Pitt. Chris Partridge is at Ole Miss.
Back to the top

voss749 said

owlmart said

David Slavic said

I don't even know what thread to put this in, but am I the only one that didn't realize that Charlie Partridge is working for Kiffin as the D-line coach??? And now Kiffin has added Chris Kiffin and Charlie Weis Jr.? Ole Miss is almost entirely old FAU staff now, at the key coaching roles.

I didn’t know about Charlie going there. I hope they do well, they all played a part in elevating FAU. Even 3-9 Charlie. 

Posted On: Jan 28th 2022, 11:59 AM #406507

Ahhh got it
Back to the top

voss749 said

SeminOwl28 said

voss749 said

SeminOwl28 said

voss749 said

cbboarder said

NJOWL said

SeminOwl28 said

LawOwl said

FAU is superior
Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 7:22 PM #406427

Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 7:24 PM #406428
FAU is one of the top universities in diversity/inclusion
Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 7:28 PM #406429

Is that a nice way of saying FAU is "woke"?
Posted On: Jan 24th 2022, 9:37 PM #406435

Having a student population that actually looks like the community that the school is in is not "woke" , we are a commuter school that reflects the community.
Posted On: Jan 28th 2022, 6:38 AM #406496

True.  The bragging about it is the woke part. It doesn't matter.  Pick the best applicants regardless of race , gender or sexuality
Posted On: Jan 28th 2022, 9:50 AM #406500

Bragging about diversity is not woke. Having admission criteria that considers socio-economic background of the applicant is important. Sure UF is top academically its easy when you admit "the best applicants" based solely on test scores and then you have 5% black students in a state with 17% black population. FSU is somewhat better with 9% black. FAU has 19% black which is almost representative of the area. Remember this in a state where Junior college graduates can transfer to any state university with almost certain acceptance.

Diversity encourages young black talented athletes to come to FAU.

Posted On: Jan 28th 2022, 10:30 AM #406501

Yeah sorry don't agree on this. Take the best who apply regardless of race. This doesn't include athletes though who will get in based on those skills and slide on academics in many cases.   

I don't believe in a quota system of any kind .  Usually that warrants racist charges from liberals until they realize half my family isn't white.  You have a right to equal opportunity but you don't have right to equal results.  Equality is fine with me.  Equity system isn't.

And most of the people who argue for this stuff bring up the black race only.   Somehow the other minorities aren't as important with the white savior complex people
Posted On: Jan 28th 2022, 11:06 AM #406503

Notice I said nothing about quotas and socio-economic background is not a codeword for race. If you just concern yourself with issues of whether the student is the first in their family to attend college or comes from a foster home or their family is poor or the student is older or full time employed.  You'll see diversity not only including race or gender but diversity of experiences just by widening your acceptance pool. Admitting single parents or children of single parents is a legitimate goal.

Posted On: Jan 28th 2022, 11:55 AM #406506

Thanks for the attempted lecture but you know damn well that this isn't the type of diversity FAU and others  brag about when diversity stuff is brought up.     

Also you brought up black person percentages at colleges so you clearly were talking about race in the post I quoted too …
Back to the top

Actually this is getting to be kind of boring for us FAU athletic fans.
😴😴😴😴
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

Actually this is getting to be kind of boring for us FAU athletic fans.
😴😴😴😴
Posted On: Jan 28th 2022, 3:30 PM #406510

There are like 10-15 posts a day on this part of the site usually. Can easily look at the other threads
Back to the top

owlmart said

David Slavic said

That’s what we call an all time FAU staff. Might as well call them the Ole Miss Owls!
Back to the top

voss749 said

owlmart said

David Slavic said

Posted On: Jan 28th 2022, 11:59 AM #406507

Makes sense. I read an article that said Charlie Partridge, and took it for granted without researching lol.

Back to the top
Control functions: