Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Quarterback heading into Spring

LawOwl said

faufan2017 said

Do we really need 5 LBs? This recruiting class makes no sense
Posted On: Feb 1st 2022, 11:05 PM #406558

lol I was thinking the same. Still no sign of an experienced transfer QB to challenge N’Kosi for the starting job 
Posted On: Feb 2nd 2022, 6:47 AM #406559

- with the graduation of Leroy we absolutely need a LB or two to step in there.
- some of the LBs are more in the Leighton McCarthy role. Listed at LB but really edge rushers.
- why would an experienced QB come to a team that has its starter? Put yourself in any experienced QBs shoes - why would you come here to backup kosi?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

LawOwl said

faufan2017 said

lol I was thinking the same. Still no sign of an experienced transfer QB to challenge N’Kosi for the starting job 

- some of the LBs are more in the Leighton McCarthy role. Listed at LB but really edge rushers.
- why would an experienced QB come to a team that has its starter? Put yourself in any experienced QBs shoes - why would you come here to backup kosi?
Posted On: Feb 2nd 2022, 8:18 AM #406561

You’re probably right about that. I would like an upgrade over Perry but looks like a tough ask. 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

NJOWL said

LawOwl said

faufan2017 said

You’re probably right about that. I would like an upgrade over Perry but looks like a tough ask. 
Posted On: Feb 2nd 2022, 10:03 AM #406565

Nearly 2800 yards, 60.7%, 8.0 yds/att., and a 20/7 TD/Int ratio is not bad in a BAD O with terrible pass blocking all year long!
Back to the top

LawOwl said

NJOWL said

LawOwl said

faufan2017 said

MJJ is the upgrade. He should be seeing more playing time this year.
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

LawOwl said

NJOWL said

LawOwl said

faufan2017 said

Posted On: Feb 2nd 2022, 11:13 AM #406568

if he plays like he did in last year's spring game, he should win the position outright…. He was the best QB on the field last year….I think it'll be neck and neck going into the summer

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver Bullet said

NITE-OWL said

LawOwl said

NJOWL said

LawOwl said

faufan2017 said

Posted On: Feb 2nd 2022, 11:13 AM #406568

if he plays like he did in last year's spring game, he should win the position outright…. He was the best QB on the field last year….I think it'll be neck and neck going into the summer
Posted On: Feb 3rd 2022, 10:42 PM #406624

I wasn't down for the Spring game last year, but I've heard a few others echo these sentiments. I would have really liked to've seen him get his feet wet during the season. There weren't very many opportunities for it but… I will say (as, I don't know who, one of our site overlords, surely), N'Kosi's completions have been on a few point percentage per year increase; behind what line we had last year; with what drops we had last year… Why isn't there a common stat line for dropped passes?? If we hook a QB transfer, it's gotta be a young guy, right, with eligibility to burn? That or a blue chip, bell cow, blue bell ice cream milk cow…sort of…thing. I don't see a passed over, super senior, four star coming in to compete with Perry. But I'm wrong a lot.
Back to the top

I have a hard time blaming Perry for everything - we didn't have a great OL, and honestly the receivers must have buttered their gloves, because the drops were just horrific in key moments of the game. I think if the receivers make those catches, we'd all feel a little better about Perry for the upcoming season.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

I have a hard time blaming Perry for everything - we didn't have a great OL, and honestly the receivers must have buttered their gloves, because the drops were just horrific in key moments of the game. I think if the receivers make those catches, we'd all feel a little better about Perry for the upcoming season.
Posted On: Feb 7th 2022, 11:12 AM #406700

Again, it felt 2018 all over again.

I thought a lot of issues were Robison that year.  They were the OL and lack of WR that could catch.

Hoping to see the same turnaround for 2022.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: