Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2022 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

So when are we getting our real schedule because marshall and Odu won't be on it. Cusa is embarrassing
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

So when are we getting our real schedule because marshall and Odu won't be on it. Cusa is embarrassing
Posted On: Mar 1st 2022, 8:45 PM #406916

CUSA is or the Belt is? CUSA holds the cards legally IMHO! I think the Belt just opened itself up legally now too.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

SeminOwl28 said

CUSA is or the Belt is? CUSA holds the cards legally IMHO! I think the Belt just opened itself up legally now too.
Posted On: Mar 2nd 2022, 8:49 AM #406926

Yeah I doubt we play odu and Marshall. If they want to sue and blow away more exit fee money from us and others , that is fine.   Won't change the result

And none of the money they blow or gain will do anything for us so I say just end it. Give us 2 of the 4 from the western side that are left to fill the gaps
Back to the top

I honestly don’t even think we should play a full league schedule. If that makes us ineligible for the C-USA championship game who cares. Replace those two games with home games. UMass at home and an FCS squad (I believe FBS schools can only play two FCS schools a year and still be bowl eligible). We won this toy car conference twice in recent years and now that’s given us a pass to climb the ladder to a better league. The goal this year should be a winning season inclusive of a bowl win whatever bowl that may be. We don’t need this dumb conference. We need to build momentum heading into our first AAC season and that’s starts with taking care of business on this year’s schedule. 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

I honestly don’t even think we should play a full league schedule. If that makes us ineligible for the C-USA championship game who cares. Replace those two games with home games. UMass at home and an FCS squad (I believe FBS schools can only play two FCS schools a year and still be bowl eligible). We won this toy car conference twice in recent years and now that’s given us a pass to climb the ladder to a better league. The goal this year should be a winning season inclusive of a bowl win whatever bowl that may be. We don’t need this dumb conference. We need to build momentum heading into our first AAC season and that’s starts with taking care of business on this year’s schedule. 
Posted On: Mar 2nd 2022, 11:15 AM #406928

Beating 2 chump teams does nothing for us. It would inflate taggarts record and maybe stay with a 7-5 record that would be a failure

We would be better off playing 2 out of the group of the 3 Texas schools going to the AAC with us and Louisiana tech

Then if Willie doesn't get it done, he's gone.   

Also winning the conference means way more to me than winning a bad bowl game.  The conference titles mean something.    Beating Akron down in our home stadium was very forgettable
Back to the top

I don’t think this team is capable of playing those schools yet. Willie is probably gone after this year barring a salvage from MJJ. We need as many Ws as we can get.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

I don’t think this team is capable of playing those schools yet. Willie is probably gone after this year barring a salvage from MJJ. We need as many Ws as we can get.
Posted On: Mar 2nd 2022, 2:40 PM #406930

Well you have to find out.  The last thing we need is to beat garbage fcs schools, save Willie's job by inflating the record and then get killed in the AAC

Beating garbage fcs teams does nothing for us.   Why not just schedule a community college at that rate ?

Scheduling like that would be admitting defeat.  You have to battle to move up your program. Beating garbage fcs schools will only hold you back
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Apparently the real schedule is coming out today.

Saying we add North Texas and rice on it.  Also saying we play Charlotte on week zero to open the year
Back to the top

Back to the top

FAU's conference schedule is here! UNCC as the opener should be interesting.
Back to the top
Control functions: