Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2022 C-USA Men's Basketball Championship Capsule

Add topic

FAU Awaits Winner of UTSA vs SMiss to Open 2022 C-USA Tournament

What: No. 3  FAU (18-13) vs. No. 6  UTSA (10-21) / No. 7 Southern Miss (6-25)

When: Wednesday, March 10th, @ 9:30 PM Eastern

Where: Ford Center at The Star

Series: The Owls are 8-6 against the Roadrunners, and even at 5-5 versus the Golden Eagles.

TV: None

Stream: ESPN+

Radio: FoxSports 640

Live Stats: Here

FAU at a Glance:

Offense - 74.1 PPG, 45.2% FG, 35.0% 3PT

Defense - 67.8 PPGA, 44.3% FGA, 36.2% 3PTA

Rebounding - 36.5 RPG Owls, 31.7 RPG Opponents

Notables

After completing a historic effort which saw them produce a program best 4th straight winning regular season record, the Owls will enjoy the first day of the 2022 C-USA Championship from the sidelines while scouting the opposition.

Their eventual opponent will be familiar as they will face the winner of the No. 6 UTSA vs No. 7 Southern Miss contest on Tuesday night. FAU was victorious over both teams earlier in the year, producing a 73-64 road win against the Roadrunners before downing the Golden Eagles in Boca Raton 84-57 in a lopsided affair.

The Owls endured a four game skid from mid-to-latter February while playing a trio of the leagues higher seeds (WKU, North Texas, MTSU), however righted the ship with a three game win streak to close out the schedule. Two of the victories came over rival FIU.

Florida Atlantic has just one win in the C-USA Championship since joining, a 66-56 victory over Old Dominion in 2020. However, a potential further run was negated as the remainder of the slate was cancelled due to the emergence of COVID onto the scene of both the NCAA and global landscape.

3/08/14 vs Marshall L 63-59
3/09/16 vs Old Dominion L 72-46
3/08/17 vs Marshall L 89-74
3/07/18 vs UAB L 83-72
3/13/19 vs La Tech L 57-56
3/11/20 vs Old Dominion W 66-56
3/11/21 vs La Tech L 75-69

The team will land in Frisco this year in the middle of the pack in most league statistical categories overall, but does enjoy higher notches in defensive rebounds (2nd), rebounding margin (2nd), three point baskets per contest (3rd), and steals (5th).

Guard Michael Forrest takes the 6th ranking in both three point percentage, and threes per outing as well.

Opening Line: TBD/TBA

Back to the top

Think so odd we are 3 seed when we split with WKU, we won by 9 but lost by 7. Obviously not a consideration in head-to-head meetings. Dumb.
Back to the top

✍️ "We've been able to compete with every team we've played this year…even the top teams on their home court. We're very confident with whatever our match-up is." - FAU Coach Dusty May on the 2022 C-USA 🏆

Go Owls 🦉🏀🦉
Back to the top

🚨FAU C-USA 🏆 2nd RD OPPONENT SET🚨

#3 E FAU vs #7 W Southern Miss

Wednesday @ 9:30 PM EST.

🕤 TO MAKE MORE HISTORY. Go Owls 🦉🏀🦉
Back to the top

Alright! We're about 20 minutes away from tipoff in Frisco. Expecting the starting lineup to drop soon…

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Lineups are out, and it's a strong one for our Owls.

Back to the top

Martin is a MAN among boys!

Back to the top

Now it's Vlad's turn to slam one home! Owls are improving from their shaky start!

Back to the top

We've reached the half from The Star at Frisco.

Owls were shooting hot as can be until about the final four minutes of the half. In fact, FAU's lead reached double digits before a 6-0 swing the other way.

Back to the top

Finish strong!
Back to the top
Control functions: