Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Taggart, Oregon, NCAA Lawsuit

This seemed the appropriate thread in which to ask, anybody hearing anything about this lawsuit? It sounds like a smoke session, if you're familiar. And I've seen heads roll for that. But mostly I've seen them find their way under the rug. The urgency doesn't translate, so… I don't know anything outside of the half dozen articles I've seen today (which were all, more or less, the same article). Maybe it was nothing.
Back to the top

The overall "suit" is over three years old, but now has grown to a ridiculous number in damages sought.

If there is smoke, sometimes there is fire.

Maybe there was fire, maybe it was doused, or maybe it was never there to begin with.

IF there were any evidence, why did it take this long to reach this point?

Could be something, could be an attorney looking to play the long game for a retirement fund, as well as the plaintiffs.

FAU will make no comment unless it gets to a point where they are forced to, but I would say that someone would have caught this on the required background check the University does for all incoming hires, and if there were a legitimate concern, it would have presented some sort of pull back measure.

Obviously, that did not happen.

Just my:

Back to the top

Rick said

The overall "suit" is over three years old, but now has grown to a ridiculous number in damages sought.

If there is smoke, sometimes there is fire.

Maybe there was fire, maybe it was doused, or maybe it was never there to begin with.

IF there were any evidence, why did it take this long to reach this point?

Could be something, could be an attorney looking to play the long game for a retirement fund, as well as the plaintiffs.

FAU will make no comment unless it gets to a point where they are forced to, but I would say that someone would have caught this on the required background check the University does for all incoming hires, and if there were a legitimate concern, it would have presented some sort of pull back measure.

Obviously, that did not happen.

Just my:

Posted On: Apr 11th 2022, 9:02 PM #407291

Talk about growth! The first article I read, this morning, had said 100 million. The last article I read, this afternoon, had said 125 million (they were using different maths; the numbers were the same).

You're right, that it should've been known among prospective employers. And that's probably enough, to assume it's nothing, or at least heading for the bottom of the nearest rug.

But these things can be fickle.

Either way, from this post alone, you know the off-season has arrived…
Back to the top

Settled, resolved (at least on our end). Whichever sounds better.
Back to the top

Shake down fail lol
Back to the top

Glad it over for Coach Taggart, let's move on and concentrate on bigger things - like winning some games next season!

Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Settled, resolved (at least on our end). Whichever sounds better.
Posted On: May 6th 2022, 2:35 PM #407370

BTW, Happy Birthday 🎂
Back to the top

Just glad that is done, he needs to 100% concentrate on his JOB here!

NO MORE END OF SEASON FLOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: