Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

It's Official! FAU Move to American Set for 2023

Owls will depart C-USA and become full members July, 2023

Read more

Howards dream for out program was to be in the Big East. We have done it. I can’t believe it.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Howards dream for out program was to be in the Big East. We have done it. I can’t believe it.
Posted On: Jun 11th 2022, 11:14 AM #407499

Great move for FAU. Not what the Big East was when Coach was at FAU. Neither in name nor teams. The landscape has changed so much. The American won't be what it was either, with the loss of UCF, Houston, and Cincy to the Big 12.

I like the move, but not the Big East referenced by Coach when he built FAU.

Big East 2003
Miami
West Virginia
Pitt
Va Tech
Boston College
Syracuse
Rutgers
Temple

AAC 2021
Cincy
Houston
UCF
ECU
Tulsa
SMU
Memphis
Navy
Temple
USF
Tulane

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

NJOWL said

Posted On: Jun 11th 2022, 11:14 AM #407499

Great move for FAU. Not what the Big East was when Coach was at FAU. Neither in name nor teams. The landscape has changed so much. The American won't be what it was either, with the loss of UCF, Houston, and Cincy to the Big 12.

I like the move, but not the Big East referenced by Coach when he built FAU.

Big East 2003
Miami
West Virginia
Pitt
Va Tech
Boston College
Syracuse
Rutgers
Temple

AAC 2021
Cincy
Houston
UCF
ECU
Tulsa
SMU
Memphis
Navy
Temple
USF
Tulane

GO OWLS!!!

Posted On: Jun 12th 2022, 12:58 AM #407502

No matter how you cut it the AAC is literally the current rendition of the Big East. Just under a different name. I believe it is even the same legal entity.

This was Howard’s dream. We did it. HUGE accomplishment. Sky really is the limit here.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

At least FAU is moving forward and not staying static in what has become the WORST Conference. 9 of 14 teams from last year have been invited elsewhere and bailed instantly at the chance!

I am actually shocked that WKU and MTSU chose to stay and EVEN MORE SHOCKED about Liberty wanting in!!!! They and WKU should dominate in all ways for as long as they stay.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

At least FAU is moving forward and not staying static in what has become the WORST Conference. 9 of 14 teams from last year have been invited elsewhere and bailed instantly at the chance!

I am actually shocked that WKU and MTSU chose to stay and EVEN MORE SHOCKED about Liberty wanting in!!!! They and WKU should dominate in all ways for as long as they stay.
Posted On: Jun 12th 2022, 11:50 AM #407505

Yea it’s the best move we could have made to move up a division. Presumably, the next stop is a P5 conference but who knows what college athletics will look like by then. I think that the USFL and SEC will eventually merge. 
Back to the top
Control functions: