Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Venice Tight End Fin Jones Commits to FAU Football Class of 2023

Add topic

Venice Tight End Fin Jones Commits to FAU Football Class of 2023

FAU continues to mine the talent rich Venice, FL High School football roster, and on Sunday evening earned the pledge of Tight End Fin Jones. The big bodied end selected the Owls over official offers from USF, Coastal Carolina, and FIU.

As has become a strategy for Florida Atlantic, multiple points of contact were employed in the pursuit of what appears to be another gem laying in wait for lapidarist Chad Lunsford's touches.

"I chose FAU because of the coaching staff's drive to win, the facilities and campus, and what they have done with tight ends in the past", said Jones. "They are all great people."

Jones' 2022 Spring highlights are available below.

Jones received his official offer from the Owls on May 4th, and was essentially recruited by the entire staff following his visit the weekend of March 18th - 20th.

He is the seventh member if the Owls' 2023 class, along side those listed below:

Deerfield WR AJ Jenkins

Dillard Safety Fabian Scott

Seminole QB Luke Rucker

Roswell TE Zeke Moore

Charlotte High OL Brendan Chavarria

St. Thomas Aquinas RB Xavier Terrell

He will join fellow Indian counterparts WR Omari Hayes, and WR Jayshon Platt, who are 2022 signing class members.
Back to the top

The more tight ends, the better. My gut tells me we’re going to see fewer flips at the mid-major level barring HC changes because of NIL and the portal. So let’s hope all of these seven stick. Really like the potential influx of talent we’ll see on the team next year. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

The more tight ends, the better. My gut tells me we’re going to see fewer flips at the mid-major level barring HC changes because of NIL and the portal. So let’s hope all of these seven stick. Really like the potential influx of talent we’ll see on the team next year. 
Posted On: Jun 27th 2022, 11:34 AM #407530

Agree Jake but then again we need to and better recruit better, AAC only a year removed now!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

JakeElman said

Posted On: Jun 27th 2022, 11:34 AM #407530
Agree Jake but then again we need to and better recruit better, AAC only a year removed now!

Posted On: Jun 27th 2022, 11:35 AM #407531
Back to the top

Related content