Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME CAPSULE: FAU @ Ohio - September 3, 2022

Add topic

d-owl said

faufan300 said

I miss Kiffin

Kiffin was a gift from the football gods. Realistically, another Lane Kiffin aint walking through that door, but we have to do better than this. Comeback was nice but there are no moral victories now. It's the same crap that cost us this game we should have won easily.

Posted On: Sep 3rd 2022, 9:59 PM #408049

Agreed. We had the game under control most of the first half and just came out looking lost after halftime. It’s become the norm under Taggart and it’s very concerning. 
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

d-owl said

Of course not called – unbelievable, was all over him.
Posted On: Sep 3rd 2022, 9:32 PM #408029
They've done it all game. Not once called.  In the first half they nailed our wr down the field and it wasn't even called
Posted On: Sep 3rd 2022, 9:33 PM #408030
I agree it was a penalty but it should have never mattered. A real coach would have beaten them by 3 TD's.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

SeminOwl28 said

d-owl said

They've done it all game. Not once called.  In the first half they nailed our wr down the field and it wasn't even called
I agree it was a penalty but it should have never mattered. A real coach would have beaten them by 3 TD's.
Posted On: Sep 4th 2022, 8:14 AM #408069

Well the no calls still mattered.  Killed a drive at the end of the first half and end of the game.  And they also didn't call blatant holds on their oline all game until they finally called one at the end when we were down 17.  Was a homer job by the Mac refs
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

cbboarder said

SeminOwl28 said

d-owl said

Well the no calls still mattered.  Killed a drive at the end of the first half and end of the game.  And they also didn't call blatant holds on their oline all game until they finally called one at the end when we were down 17.  Was a homer job by the Mac refs
Posted On: Sep 4th 2022, 11:45 AM #408071

I don't say this lightly (and I try not to be a homer) but that was one of the most blatant one-sided homer ref jobs I have ever seen in decades of watching football.
Back to the top

d-owl said

SeminOwl28 said

cbboarder said

SeminOwl28 said

d-owl said

Posted On: Sep 4th 2022, 11:45 AM #408071

I don't say this lightly (and I try not to be a homer) but that was one of the most blatant one-sided homer ref jobs I have ever seen in decades of watching football.
Posted On: Sep 4th 2022, 11:58 AM #408072

I'm the same way.  It was disgraceful.   Hope we get that treatment next year vs them.  I'm from Ohio and live here so I went.  But FAU seeing that shoudlnt want to play up here again if that's how it goes down.
Back to the top

The fact that people think Kiffin would go undefeated with this schedule is really interesting considering he went 5-7 with this: https://fausports.com/sports/football/schedule/2018.

Kiffin never beat a more talented team in his time here. The only win against a more talented team was the 2019 Boca Bowl that he did not coach. His roster was absolutely loaded with NFL talent.

Willie is at least building the roster for the long-haul like Charlie did. Who knows what would have happened if Charlie got another year. Not saying that he should have but we will never know.

Willie has had tremendous success at other G5 and P5 stops. He gets this year. Anything worse than a bowl appearance and he must get the boot.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

My problem is, I was thinking ok up 17-10 at half, how do we make half-time adjustments and not come out flat like usual?

And BOOM, we do the usual and get TOTALLY outplayed the next 15-2- minutes and go down by 17!

The comeback was nice and the lack of calls on Ohio were many but even the final play, needing 10 yards,  even if he caught the ball he was still needing 2 more yards with 2 defenders right on him! An awful call or route and 4 CONSECUTIVE incomplete passes with the game on the line, I mean, REALLY!!!!

In my mind ya can't make 1 yard in 4 plays (let alone 10 yards!) ya don't deserve it anyhow!

Coach T AND STAFF,  have A LOT to prove to me as well still!
Back to the top

NJOWL said

The fact that people think Kiffin would go undefeated with this schedule is really interesting considering he went 5-7 with this: https://fausports.com/sports/football/schedule/2018.

Kiffin never beat a more talented team in his time here. The only win against a more talented team was the 2019 Boca Bowl that he did not coach. His roster was absolutely loaded with NFL talent.

Willie is at least building the roster for the long-haul like Charlie did. Who knows what would have happened if Charlie got another year. Not saying that he should have but we will never know.

Willie has had tremendous success at other G5 and P5 stops. He gets this year. Anything worse than a bowl appearance and he must get the boot.
Posted On: Sep 4th 2022, 5:18 PM #408077

Correct.  2017, we only won 1 of the first 4 games.  A solid loss to Buffalo, basically same program as Ohio.

Navy
Wisconsin
Bethune Cookman
Buffalo

100%.  Anybody coaching at FAU without extreme circumstances has no excuse to not have a bowl eligible program.  The floor here is 7 wins.  You cant get there these days with the resources we have in the area we recruit….cant be our HC.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions:

Related content