Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2022: Week 3 FAU vs UCF

UCF is a much better team and we can't match their offense. FAU will be able to score but the OC will need to be creative. I hope FAU fans show in numbers; last time I could see a huge number of UCF fans and they were very loud and coordinated with their chants and all that. FAU is so behind when it comes to traditions.
FAU 13 - UCF 35
Back to the top

UCF 45
FAU 20
Back to the top

This is not UCF of 2019, and I honestly think we can win this game if we don't hurt ourselves:

1. No turnovers
2. No personal fouls
3. Perry throws 60%+

If we do these things…

FAU 31-27

If we don't…

UCF 37 - 24
Back to the top

UCF 52-21.

I've got a bad feeling. Watching UCF against Louisville did not give me a lot of confidence even in a low scoring affair. While no Milton, I believe Plumlee will prove to be too much of a dual threat for our defense. UCF will not hold back and will pile it on if given the opportunity.

Really hope I'm wrong. Either way I'll be wearing red on Saturday!
Back to the top

Yea I’m not very confident either. UCF is essentially a P5 school at this point. They’re just waiting to make it official.

57-27 Knights roll
Back to the top

I’m with Rick. This is not the same UCF team we have seen under Frost/Huepel. They lost a to a below average Louisville team, and the offense didn’t look good doing it. I think if N’kosi doesn’t have that bone headed throw or maybe gets away with it FAU can win or at the very least play a competitive game. I think the lines out there kinda show that, and it seems like the early money came in on FAU which I find interesting. 

FAU has a legitimately good offense. The first 3 games are not a fluke and I think Taggart should be commended for hiring Dearmon. 

If the defense can make a few stops, hold UCF to field goals, or cause a couple of turnovers I think the game will be there for the taking. Plus FAU has been a much better team at home.

I am usually very pessimistic when it comes to predictions but I think FAU breaks thru and pulls off the upset.

FAU 38
UCF 28

Back to the top

UCF is down this year offensively. However their defense is still better than our offense. I don't think Perry will have that much time to throw. If we can limit the number of hard hits Perry takes, we'll keep it relatively close.

38-21 Knights
Back to the top

UCF has the speed on offense that can really burn a defense. The Louisville UCF game showed what guys like Plumlee, O’Keefe, and Bowser can do when when the defense misses tackles and gives them space to run. 

The defense has to be disciplined with the tackling and must contain Plumlee. Plumlee has the wheels to be a real threat. As soon as he sees the pocket collapse, he immediately takes off. Ran right by Louisville’s linebackers. 

FAU’s defense giving up 41 points to Ohio is concerning. Hopefully things have been tightened up a bit since then. I just fear the tackling won’t be good enough. 

45-21 Knights
Back to the top

After watching Plumlee, let me add few more points to UCF.
FAU 13 - UCF 42
He is scary fast.
Back to the top

But the UCK very predictable with 75% of plays involving QB, They do not include other players enough, control him, ya control them!
Back to the top
Control functions: