Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football and FIU Ink Four-Game Series

voss749 said

NITE-OWL said

voss749 said

Meh, Having it at FIU just ensures noone attends. Bethune-Cookman or FAMU would draw more fans just with the halftime show.
Posted On: Sep 27th 2022, 1:50 AM #408651

We played Bethune-Cookman and it did not move the needle in attendance.
Posted On: Sep 27th 2022, 11:39 AM #408653

Yes but we didnt owe them an away game
Posted On: Sep 28th 2022, 1:08 PM #408736

What does have to do with attendance?

We draw more fans with FIU and it showed during last year's game.
I rather drive 45 minutes to see FAU at FIU than driving to 2 hours to see an FCS team
Back to the top

As a program with limited traditions, I think it is a fantastic idea to keep a well established rivalry game going. I know we have historically dominated FIU, but it is gives us something to rally around. I love the sprint to the Shula Trophy.
Back to the top

Comment: #news_3457

outofstateowl said

As a program with limited traditions, I think it is a fantastic idea to keep a well established rivalry game going. I know we have historically dominated FIU, but it is gives us something to rally around. I love the sprint to the Shula Trophy.
Posted On: Sep 29th 2022, 11:03 AM #408751
Agree.  And to me it goes even deeper.

I'd love to see FIU and FAU continue to build their programs.  Infrastructure, investment, coaching, fan base, traditions, etc.

For far too long other programs have built their programs with the talent South Florida provides.  Mostly, due to FAU and FIU (though FAU has made great strides) not being competitive in the categories above.  

While I'm aware a % of kids will want to go out of state (and think thats a good thing), many leave due to FAU and FIU not being seen as a competitive/viable option.

Would love to see both of these programs capture more of the S FL talent and be representative of that talent.  Currently college football south of Orlando is far from good.  That needs to change.

Constantly hear things about how S FL highschool talent is head and shoulders above everywhere else in the country.  It's time the college football programs and the results start to reflect that.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: