Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

POST GAME 2022: North Texas - Coach Taggart

Post game comments for the Owls' contest against the Mean Green on October 1, 2022.

Read more

Blaming the players that he recruited in a postgame press conference…… weird.

Can’t delegate responsibility. The buck stops with Willie. If the players that Willie recruited and coaches drop passes, miss tackles, and throw pick sixes then that is indeed Willie’s fault.

To double down on blaming the players multiple times during the press conference is really jarring.

Hope we win some more games this year.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I didn’t watch it.  He really blamed the players?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Yes. Multiple times.

What are our thoughts on Willie Simmons?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Yes. Multiple times.

Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 11:34 PM #409002

I am not close enough to college football to have a legitimate opinion.  That being said, I think coaching at HBU is a different level than D1.

But at FAMU, he makes $300k.  So, in that case FAU would be a step up at $600k.

Back to the top

walty12 said

NJOWL said

Yes. Multiple times.

I am not close enough to college football to have a legitimate opinion.  That being said, I think coaching at HBU is a different level than D1.

Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 11:37 PM #409003
We paid Lane well over $1 million with all the perks. Closer to $1.5 million. Willie makes less because fsu still pays him $3.5 million a year. What we pay Willie just subtracts from the $4.25 million fsu would have paid him if he sat at home and did nothing. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I feel like willie simmons is too unproven to make that next step. Will Healy did incredibly well in FCS but hasn't done too well at Charlotte.

Man best case scenario we win all our remaining games, we can go 8-4. But no way we beat WKU, UAB or MTSU which puts us at 5-7 again. Im not even sure Rice is a winnable game now so I won't even be surprised if we go 4-8.
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

I feel like willie simmons is too unproven to make that next step. Will Healy did incredibly well in FCS but hasn't done too well at Charlotte.

Man best case scenario we win all our remaining games, we can go 8-4. But no way we beat WKU, UAB or MTSU which puts us at 5-7 again. Im not even sure Rice is a winnable game now so I won't even be surprised if we go 4-8.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 11:40 PM #409007
I would be surprised if we beat UTEP on the road, watched 2 of their games.  They are the better team.

However, Purdue went on the road and beat ranked Minnesota but double digits today.’

College football is amazing.

Back to the top

NJOWL said

walty12 said

NJOWL said

Yes. Multiple times.

Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 11:37 PM #409003
We paid Lane well over $1 million with all the perks. Closer to $1.5 million. Willie makes less because fsu still pays him $3.5 million a year. What we pay Willie just subtracts from the $4.25 million fsu would have paid him if he sat at home and did nothing. 
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 11:38 PM #409006
Accurate.  However, we are looking for a new President.  Does the new President value college sports the way PK did?  

Let’s see.

Also, we are $1,000,000+ short at least of a HC that aligns with our expectations with what we were paying Lane.

Back to the top

This is how a Coach responsibly responds to a loss to the media:

Took all of the responsibility: “This loss falls squarely on my shoulders.”

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: