Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Real Problem

Maybe we should have taken a que from NP being the QB for Miami the night they lost to FIU  :Laughing:

In a way, I was hoping he wouldn't come back so we could see MJJ, but clearly that didn't happen and here we are. Not all on him, of course, and the talent and big playmaking ability is obvious – but the inconsistency and an apparent lack of focus at times was noticeable last year and was not improved this year. We all were excited to get him, but he's the same QB against this lower-level competition as he was at UM.

I think we all know what most on here are thinking as the "root cause", so no need for me to go on and on about, but agree with what I have seen with NP.
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Owls2013 said

SeminOwl28 said

It's alot more than just the QB.

The defense is terrible.   Always out of place.  Swiss cheese

The oline is average at best.   With our talent at RB, that needs to be a strength

Many of the wrs drop balls

The coaching is awful and they never make adjustments.   Stupid mistakes as well from the team.  

The recruiting hasn't been anything special.   As I said before , getting former p5 guys just because the school name is attached to them is flawed.  A lot failed for a reason. .

They need new leadership period .  Spend more and do a real search this time.  They went the cheap and lazy route with Taggart and it has cost them all momentum that Kiffin created.  Predictable outcome
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2022, 11:38 AM #409034

If you look at the better players on the team it has been the kids from HS. It is one area of strength recruiting wise, but too may misses in the portal.
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2022, 12:07 PM #409035

Better players on a bad team isn't saying much.  They've missed in both areas plenty.  And the ones they hit on are hampered by an inept coach
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2022, 1:14 PM #409036

They have hit on plenty of HS kids you're always going to have misses but guys like the Westers, Endrine, Willams Mobely, Anderson, Krakue …. it why this is more frustrating.

There is holes on this team, but the talent is there.

Also, in regards to the Oline FAU is 25th in rushing and 12th with four only sacks allowed. It is on the bottom of issues with this team right now.
Back to the top

Owls2013 said

SeminOwl28 said

Owls2013 said

SeminOwl28 said

It's alot more than just the QB.

The defense is terrible.   Always out of place.  Swiss cheese

The oline is average at best.   With our talent at RB, that needs to be a strength

Many of the wrs drop balls

The coaching is awful and they never make adjustments.   Stupid mistakes as well from the team.  

The recruiting hasn't been anything special.   As I said before , getting former p5 guys just because the school name is attached to them is flawed.  A lot failed for a reason. .

They need new leadership period .  Spend more and do a real search this time.  They went the cheap and lazy route with Taggart and it has cost them all momentum that Kiffin created.  Predictable outcome
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2022, 11:38 AM #409034

If you look at the better players on the team it has been the kids from HS. It is one area of strength recruiting wise, but too may misses in the portal.
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2022, 12:07 PM #409035

Better players on a bad team isn't saying much.  They've missed in both areas plenty.  And the ones they hit on are hampered by an inept coach
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2022, 1:14 PM #409036

They have hit on plenty of HS kids you're always going to have misses but guys like the Westers, Endrine, Willams Mobely, Anderson, Krakue …. it why this is more frustrating.

There is holes on this team, but the talent is there.

Also, in regards to the Oline FAU is 25th in rushing and 12th with four only sacks allowed. It is on the bottom of issues with this team right now.
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2022, 1:38 PM #409038

I'm not going to argue with you all day. You were defending Willie a week or two ago to me and seem to have finally seen the light

The program is a mess all around .  G5 can be rebuilt quickly if competent people are brought in.  It starts at the top.   But pointing out 5-6 guys on a team that has only beaten Charlotte and a fcs team doesn't do much for me
Back to the top

Another great 3rd qtr by Owls - NOTHING coming out of the locker room again! ALL momentum was with us but.... more of the usual from this staff!
Back to the top

I guess I was wrong… I was very optimistic of conference play after the game with Purdue… but the same issues killed us this weekend. Now I don't know if waiting until the end of the year is the best move.

Maybe now is the time to open a HC Whish list thread.
Back to the top

ROwl2007 said

I guess I was wrong… I was very optimistic of conference play after the game with Purdue… but the same issues killed us this weekend. Now I don't know if waiting until the end of the year is the best move.

Posted On: Oct 3rd 2022, 10:10 AM #409046

There is a list already created. It is in the forum.
I rather wait until he finishes; there is no point to waste money on buyouts.
Just my opinion.
Back to the top

ROwl2007 said

Posted On: Oct 3rd 2022, 10:10 AM #409046

Meanwhile Purdue goes on to upset unbeaten Minnesota AT Minnesota the next week, holding them to 10!!!!

GOOD teams adapt and IMPROVE, we have NOT in seasons 1 and 2 and are NOT showing that same issue again this year! And we AGAIN show NOTHING coming out of halftime. OVER and OVER!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: