Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Baseball Recruiting

Add topic

Do we have any idea what the baseball recruiting looks like? The son of a good friend of mine just turned down an offer to play at FAU in favor of FIU, which was obviously very depressing. Just curious how we're looking for this coming season. 
Back to the top

Better than them, that's for sure.

A lot like last year though, strong hitting. Hopefully a bump in the pen with the addition of a few guys.

Cooley is back, but we need a power pitcher to step up. My money is on Del Prado taking a nice step forward given how he finished the season out.

We also brought in at least three JUCO guys as well. One is 6-6, 240 but is not proven, so I don't know how much they will rely on him but will ask. Another is a former Georgia player who went JUCO last season. He had 50 K's in 39 innings, so we will definitely be seeing him. Indian River State College right hander C.J. Williams will probably gets some starter consideration.

Offensively, obviously lost Rincones but have Schanuel back. He may be a favorite for POTY. Hartigan is completely healed now, so he will pick up some more at bats and should be a nice source of production.

We also brought in a Grad Transfer from Penn at catcher.
Back to the top

Got some feedback from Coach Mac, and had my  tall guys mixed up…they brought in a couple…the guy he is "most excited" about is 6-4 RHP Danny Trehey. He's a three pitch guy who he said "has the most upside":

Back to the top
Control functions: