Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Receives $7.5M Gift To Name Arena

Add topic

Baldwin's generous gift will be instrumental in renovating and improving the arena

Read more

Saw the news of the $7.5 M gift which is of course wonderful news!

FAU Receives $7.5M Gift To Name Arena - FAU Owl's Nest

MY thought is use that as the seed $$$ to build a small (6-8K) arena/convocation center and not "waste" that amount for cosmetic changes. WE WIL NEED netter facilities soon if not now!!!!

WE are in a smaller version of the old BigEast, let's get with it, perfect time to start is NOW IMHO!
Back to the top

Has anyone seen what they plan to use the gift for? A new arena would be nice. Maybe cosmetic upgrades? 
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Saw the news of the $7.5 M gift which is of course wonderful news!

FAU Receives $7.5M Gift To Name Arena - FAU Owl's Nest

MY thought is use that as the seed $$$ to build a small (6-8K) arena/convocation center and not "waste" that amount for cosmetic changes. WE WIL NEED netter facilities soon if not now!!!!

WE are in a smaller version of the old BigEast, let's get with it, perfect time to start is NOW IMHO!
Posted On: Nov 16th 2022, 1:39 PM #410303

This is the conference Howard wanted for us after all
Back to the top

i’m not sure we have the capital to start over and build a new arena. I hope we figure out how to break down some of those wall and make the current arena a bit bigger
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

i’m not sure we have the capital to start over and build a new arena. I hope we figure out how to break down some of those wall and make the current arena a bit bigger
Posted On: Nov 16th 2022, 3:47 PM #410308

Agree!
get rid of the north wall where the score board is and connect the east and west stands creating an U
Back to the top

Here are the details of what the money will be used for, not a "new" facility, but "completely reimagined".

The land is the biggest asset, so who knows what happens in the end…you can do a lot with 7.5M.

▪️ Toss the old drawings out the window
▪️ Architectural firm will be secured
▪️ Gift to be used to "reimagine" the facility
▪️ Focus on getting everything possible out of it
Back to the top

Definitely ripe for adding space hopefully athletics does it
Back to the top

This is the third renovation that I  can remember. The first one came from insurance due to hurricane damage. There were more improvements later. I don’t remember where the funding came from. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Very generous donation. 7.5 is a lot of money. I don’t think we will have a high school gym anymore when it’s all said and done. 
Back to the top
Control functions: