Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Receives $7.5M Gift To Name Arena

Add topic

As I wrote much earlier, Navy has a great 6K arena/convocation center that would fit on our site IF we close or reroute ONE street and some parking.

Alumni Hall - Basketball & Wrestling - Naval Academy Athletics (navysports.com)

Adopt a plan to expand to something similar in phases if needed, and it is needed! But ALSO establish a strict timeline, say 5 years, to complete it. Not do the usual FAU plan and wait forever for action.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Very generous donation. 7.5 is a lot of money. I don’t think we will have a high school gym anymore when it’s all said and done.

Posted On: Nov 17th 2022, 4:55 AM #410319

$7.5m is an unbelievable donation.

What makes me uneasy, I think we spent $11m in maybe 2008?  To renovate the arena.  I remember thinking how impactful that $11m was going to be (a lot of inflation years ago mind you) and was relatively disappointed in what was accomplished.

I hope they hire the right company that can make that $7.5m donation highly impactful this go around.
Back to the top

Ryan Walter???

Imposter!
Back to the top

Site in red I would love to see something similar to the Navy facility or James Madison built to the east of the Burrow on Lot 10 and the small green area between the Burrow and University Dr.

Then keep the Burrow as the practice facility and volleyball home court. Footprint perfect for it just go more S. FL architecture! Either fits in that 400'x400' footprint with space to spare!!!

WE gotta stop with the bandages pretty soon if not now. Again we are entering the old BigEast, no way they televise from our gym!
Back to the top

I agree with this. I'd keep the current court for practice, and other sporting events, but a small arena like that of JMU as previously mentioned, would be amazing. Also wouldnt drag down AAC basketball as a whole. With the type of competition in that conference, we should be making sure we dont drag down that conference and something as simple as an awful home court, can make people take the conference less serious.
Back to the top

Comment: #news_3486

Back to the top
Control functions: