Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Way too early names to consider for potential coaching vacancy

As of late two systems. Some of his (Malzahn's) and Taggart's (Gulf Coast).
Back to the top

Regarding the above, I think I was asking which of the two had priority over the game plan and calling plays on the field. It's impossible to know what I was thinking twenty four hours ago so, who knows what I meant. And it probably doesn't matter.

But. Am I crazy for thinking Scott Cochran would be an interesting hire? He took a pay cut to go to Georgia, to be an on the field coach, Special Teams. He's at about half of what we gave Kiffin, housing aside of course. I imagine though, that we'd have to pour some serious money into his coordinators. Yeah, I don't know.

I'd still like to win tomorrow. And a bowl too.
Back to the top

Mac Flat Foot said

How much influence does our OC have in developing and implementing/calling the plays? Briles had good fortune before and after his time at FSU. This isn't an ad for his coaching at FAU. Or maybe it is. OK. It is. But I'm really asking about whose offense we are running?  
Posted On: Nov 12th 2022, 2:13 AM #410132

Let's be honest, calling whatever that thing we've been doing these last 3 season is pretty offensive to the word "offense".
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Mac Flat Foot said

How much influence does our OC have in developing and implementing/calling the plays? Briles had good fortune before and after his time at FSU. This isn't an ad for his coaching at FAU. Or maybe it is. OK. It is. But I'm really asking about whose offense we are running?  
Posted On: Nov 12th 2022, 2:13 AM #410132

Let's be honest, calling whatever that thing we've been doing these last 3 season is pretty offensive to the word "offense".
Posted On: Nov 25th 2022, 3:46 PM #410675

OK. That's…that's pretty funny.
Back to the top

I want a somewhat outside-the-box hire. I like what Charlotte did, hiring the former high school powerhouse head coach who was Jim Harbaugh’s second-in-command. The trendy names, the guys like Golesh or Scott Frost, those don’t do it for me right now. I don’t want another retread of a head coach. Frost‘s Nebraska teams were terrible. Look how the last three years have gone with a head coach who fielded awful, undisicplined teams in his last stop. 

I have two outside the box names in mind. But I’ll let some suspense build. 😁

OK, I’ll give you one. I would call Roger Harriott at St. Thomas Aquinas. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

I want a somewhat outside-the-box hire. I like what Charlotte did, hiring the former high school powerhouse head coach who was Jim Harbaugh’s second-in-command. The trendy names, the guys like Golesh or Scott Frost, those don’t do it for me right now. I don’t want another retread of a head coach. Frost‘s Nebraska teams were terrible. Look how the last three years have gone with a head coach who fielded awful, undisicplined teams in his last stop. 

Posted On: Nov 26th 2022, 11:06 AM #410688

Yeah hard pass on Roger Harriot. Not giving the keys to a high school coach who has better talent than every team St Thomas plays every week.

And if you other name is the Keiser HC another hard pass. 

Outside the box is fine, but it needs to make sense too. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

JakeElman said

Yeah hard pass on Roger Harriot. Not giving the keys to a high school coach who has better talent than every team St Thomas plays every week.

Posted On: Nov 26th 2022, 4:33 PM #410777

Keiser HC lol
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

JakeElman said

Posted On: Nov 26th 2022, 4:33 PM #410777

LMAO. Aw, man. I’m never gonna live the Socha suggestion down. 

No, the other name was/is not Socha. I promise. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Who you thinking Jake?
Back to the top

If/when FAU moves on from Taggart here are the first 5 phone calls I make. 

1. Alex Goelsch
UT’s offense speaks for itself and has been successful in the state of Florida at UCF  

2. Alex Atkins
Helped clean up Willie’s mess at FSU. Maybe he can do it again here and has helped develop a Dynamic offense at FSU

3. Charlie Weis Jr
Knows the program and continued his success with Lane at Ole Miss this year.

4. Phil Longo
Lots of experience as an Assitant. Has developed quality QB’s and has run great offenses at UNC. 

5. Cadillac Williams
Will Bring massive enthusiasm to the program and has done a great job interim position at Auburn 
Back to the top
Control functions: