Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Way too early names to consider for potential coaching vacancy

LawOwl said

Who you thinking Jake?
Posted On: Nov 26th 2022, 5:51 PM #410787

Speaking purely for myself right now:

Agree with Delt on calling Golesh. I’d call GJ Kinne who is the HC at Incarnate Word but was at UCF as the co-OC last year. Brian Brohm who is co-OC and QBs coach at Purdue, he’s someone who I’d he interested in. 

Probably going to be unpopular, but I like what the Colts did in hiring Jeff Saturday and I’d see if there’s anyone out there who fits a similar profile: former veteran NFLer, high school coaching experience, a good mind for football. Or you go the Bill Poggi route that Charlotte did: veteran HS coach with some college experience. 

There are no “retreads” who personally catch my eye right now. Mullen and Frost, neither honestly appeal to me. But I’d be willing to give them a chance the way I did Willie three years ago. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I think we need to be mindful of getting some diamond in the rough Coach. Look at Jeff Scott was at Clemson a perennial national power and he couldn’t get the job done.

I think Scott Frost is worth a look here. I think he should have stayed longer at UCF to build his legacy he had an amazing year and left to go home.  He knows the American, and our facilities are good to get him the needed players.  He walked into a tough postion with NE, they wanted instant results.  

Charlie Weiss JR.  Is still a coordinator for me it’s like giving the Job To Joe Brady.  Coach Prime is not coming here but would have been cool for him to bridge to FBS level.  

Brian white can’t mess this up, you need a name to ignite the fan base.  An Alex Golesh will hold out for a better job.
Back to the top

Without doing much research, my first call would be to Charlie Weiss Jr.  

Don’t know much about the other OC-types, but if we are going with an inexperienced HC, give me the guy that’s been around Lane for years.

Frost had great success with White’s brother at UCF, so he could be a real candidate here.  
Back to the top

Lane has won 1 out of his last 5 games.

I love what Lane did here.  But when he is playing a team of equal of a little better talent…it ain’t good.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

jfann21 said

Deion Sanders.  Talk about a coach that will be LK 2.0!  He’s already seen the blueprint of what FAU success can do for a coach! Worth the conversation.
Posted On: Oct 9th 2022, 8:09 AM #409141

he is a southern FL guy…. west coast…. but loves recruiting South FL…. it's not out of the question… we just have to look past his Prime Academy issues which other bigger schools might not

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver Bullet said

jfann21 said

Deion Sanders.  Talk about a coach that will be LK 2.0!  He’s already seen the blueprint of what FAU success can do for a coach! Worth the conversation.
Posted On: Oct 9th 2022, 8:09 AM #409141

he is a southern FL guy…. west coast…. but loves recruiting South FL…. it's not out of the question… we just have to look past his Prime Academy issues which other bigger schools might not
Posted On: Nov 26th 2022, 8:09 PM #410810

Prime is getting a P5 job. He is not coming here. Already reported today he has been offered the Colorado job 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

If/when FAU moves on from Taggart here are the first 5 phone calls I make. 

1. Alex Goelsch
UT’s offense speaks for itself and has been successful in the state of Florida at UCF  

2. Alex Atkins
Helped clean up Willie’s mess at FSU. Maybe he can do it again here and has helped develop a Dynamic offense at FSU

3. Charlie Weis Jr
Knows the program and continued his success with Lane at Ole Miss this year.

4. Phil Longo
Lots of experience as an Assitant. Has developed quality QB’s and has run great offenses at UNC. 

5. Cadillac Williams
Will Bring massive enthusiasm to the program and has done a great job interim position at Auburn 
Posted On: Nov 26th 2022, 7:08 PM #410797

One name I’d like to add is Jason Candle the head coach of Toledo. He almost took the OC job at Miami last year. Has had a lot of success at Toledo as an offense and W/L record. I think going into the American could make a intriguing pitch to him
Back to the top

3. Charlie Weis Jr
Knows the program and continued his success with Lane at Ole Miss this year

:Thinking:  :Thinking:

Am I the only person paying attention to Ole Miss this year?  Success?

Did I read John Gruden on here?   :Laughing:  :Laughing:

BOT needs to get together $3m a year.  Go steal a HC that has proven they can win at a school like Troy, Toledo, etc.  Impress me, show me we can play the coach search the way a real college program can.  Don’t take a wing and a prayer.  Go hire a guy who is currently getting it done somewhere else.  

Back to the top

What about Jeff Lebby (Oklahoma OC)? Ruff start to the season but has been putting up a lot of points lately.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

What about Jeff Lebby (Oklahoma OC)? Ruff start to the season but has been putting up a lot of points lately.
Posted On: Nov 27th 2022, 10:22 AM #410844

I think I could get behind this.

Lebby’s contract with Oklahoma is for three years and $5.7 million dollars.

Back to the top
Control functions: