Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Taggart Out - per Andrew Ivins

LawOwl said

There’s Lane, Howard and then there’s everyone else in terms of our previous head coaches. We’ve shown we can attract big name talent, now we need to prove it. I like Art or Kendal Briles, Jon Gruden, Dan Mullen or Manny Diaz but that’s just my personal preference. Not sure what the University plans to do at this time but happy to share whatever whiffs of information that may or may not come my way within reason.
Posted On: Nov 26th 2022, 10:21 PM #410823

Hard pass on Art Briles…and I don’t think they’d want the headache of hiring Kendal either.  No chance Gruden is a candidate here.  

Not a fan of Manny Diaz.  

Mullen could be interesting though. He has high level HC experience in Florida.  Same with Scott Frost.  It’ll be interesting to see which direction FAU goes with this.  We saved money on the Willie hire after Lane left. They will have to go over $1 million a year on this one.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

LawOwl said

There’s Lane, Howard and then there’s everyone else in terms of our previous head coaches. We’ve shown we can attract big name talent, now we need to prove it. I like Art or Kendal Briles, Jon Gruden, Dan Mullen or Manny Diaz but that’s just my personal preference. Not sure what the University plans to do at this time but happy to share whatever whiffs of information that may or may not come my way within reason.

Hard pass on Art Briles…and I don’t think they’d want the headache of hiring Kendal either.  No chance Gruden is a candidate here.  

Not a fan of Manny Diaz.  

Mullen could be interesting though. He has high level HC experience in Florida.  Same with Scott Frost.  It’ll be interesting to see which direction FAU goes with this.  We saved money on the Willie hire after Lane left. They will have to go over $1 million a year on this one.
Posted On: Nov 27th 2022, 7:56 AM #410835

I’m expecting us to dish out between $1.25-$1.5 mil annually on the new guy. Important to note that several AAC programs like Memphis and SMU are spending right around $2 mil on their coaches annually. Is it too cliche to say that this is the most important hire in Program history?
Back to the top

LawOwl said

fauowls44 said

LawOwl said

Not a fan of Manny Diaz.  

Posted On: Nov 27th 2022, 7:56 AM #410835

I’m expecting us to dish out between $1.25-$1.5 mil annually on the new guy. Important to note that several AAC programs like Memphis and SMU are spending right around $2 mil on their coaches annually. Is it too cliche to say that this is the most important hire in Program history?
Posted On: Nov 27th 2022, 8:45 AM #410837

Then we need to be at $2m+

Why would we expect to compete and win against teams spending double what we are?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I feel like Christmas came early with the release of Taggart. I'm proud of Brian White for firing Willie.

I also like our chances to land a great coordinator ready to be a head coach or a talented coach available.

I am not against going after Scott Frost or Jim Leavitt. Scott Frost would be the same situation on how we got Taggart at a discount. In my opinion Scott was not given a fair chance at Nebraska. Look at what they did with Bo Pelini. Nebraska has no patience…We should definitely look at the rising stars out there that are superior at their coaching positions; Offensive Coordinators or Defensive Coordinators, etc.

Here's the selling points that will help us land a potentially "great" head coach:

1. South Florida Rich Talent Pool
2. South Florida Weather
3. History of Talented Coaches (with the exception of Taggart and Pelini, lol)
4. Moving up to The American Conference
5. FAU's Conference Championships and History of being the most successful NCAA Football team in the first 10 years., And, the list goes on!

I'm looking forward to who Brian White chooses. GO OWLS!!!!!!

Back to the top

I am not well versed on these coaches so will sit back and see what the intel is here, but just seems to me like bringing in Frost would be a Taggart retread/damaged goods hire from what I can gather.
Back to the top

Manny at FIU was a great recruiter (like WT) and a bad coach (like WT)!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Nov 28th 2022, 7:31 AM #410882

Manny never coached at FIU. That was Mario…
Back to the top

cbboarder said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Nov 28th 2022, 7:31 AM #410882

Manny never coached at FIU. That was Mario…
Posted On: Nov 28th 2022, 8:38 AM #410886

You are right I remember now he was MTSU DC, thanks!

At least still right about "Super" Mario, great recruiter but…….5-7 at UM last year with GREAT recruiting class but now blaming ALL on "weak" players!!!! Even with a roster being PAID FOR by a rich booster!

Blaming young men and teens and not your own coaching issues as usual - SAD excuse of a HC and "man"!
Back to the top
Control functions: