Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Way too early names to consider for potential coaching vacancy

DeltAlumnus said

walty12 said

3. Charlie Weis Jr
Knows the program and continued his success with Lane at Ole Miss this year

:Thinking:  :Thinking:

Am I the only person paying attention to Ole Miss this year?  Success?

Did I read John Gruden on here?   :Laughing:  :Laughing:

BOT needs to get together $3m a year.  Go steal a HC that has proven they can win at a school like Troy, Toledo, etc.  Impress me, show me we can play the coach search the way a real college program can.  Don’t take a wing and a prayer.  Go hire a guy who is currently getting it done somewhere else.  
Posted On: Nov 27th 2022, 10:21 AM #410843

Yeah Ole miss was second in total offense in the SEC only behind Tennessee. They also were by far the top rushing team in the SEC which is what I really like the most. We have always been our best as a program when we run the ball. 

But I agree on your second point. If we can take a coach from another G5 program who has already had success that could be the best move. To actually compete in the American we will need to pay a coach. If we don’t what was the point of the move to begin win?

I’d bet USF pays their coach at minimum 2 million a year maybe 3. 
Posted On: Nov 27th 2022, 10:47 AM #410847

In both of his seasons as offensive coordinator, USF posted the third worst offense in the American Athletic Conference

Charlie Jr aint ready.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

247 ranks us pretty attractive as a head coaching job this year. Not too bad when you look at all the programs included.

https://247sports.com/Article/2022-coaching-carousel-Ranking-jobs-by-recruiting-potential-colorado-nebraska-tulsa-auburn-georgia-tech-195200961/
Back to the top

Basically the #1 G5 destination for a coach looking. Lets right this ship!
Back to the top

owlmart said

Posted On: Nov 29th 2022, 4:45 PM #410910

Yep, exactly. Although Liberty might have us beat at the moment.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

owlmart said

Posted On: Nov 29th 2022, 5:18 PM #410911

Nope, ya gotta deal with 1) a religious schools' political issues, 2) being CUSA next year (not the AAC like FAU) and 3) NOT being in S. FL. but in Lynchburg, Va.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

David Slavic said

owlmart said

Nope, ya gotta deal with 1) a religious schools' political issues, 2) being CUSA next year (not the AAC like FAU) and 3) NOT being in S. FL. but in Lynchburg, Va.
Posted On: Nov 30th 2022, 7:23 AM #410915

Yeah I thought of those points, but just looking at what they were paying Freeze, and how well they did there, some coaches might prefer to go there and land a top-20 job after a couple years. Not saying FAU couldn’t be that, we absolutely should be. But we’re further away thanks to WT.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

David Slavic said

owlmart said

Yeah I thought of those points, but just looking at what they were paying Freeze, and how well they did there, some coaches might prefer to go there and land a top-20 job after a couple years. Not saying FAU couldn’t be that, we absolutely should be. But we’re further away thanks to WT.
Posted On: Nov 30th 2022, 9:23 AM #410917
You are 100% correct about the pay! I sure hope Liberty had a HUGE buyout with what they were paying a G5 HC with SERIOUS issues for a Christian school!!!!

And the way they closed with 3 bad losses after back-to-back wins over BYU and Arkansas!

Losses to UConn, a bad Va. Tech and….NM St. to close his time there. I am thinking maybe had something to do with someone's mind being 100% ELSEWHERE!!!!!

FIGURES to me with Freezes questionable ethical standards.
Back to the top

Also, I hope that Prime is actually being considered. This is probably the perfect intermediate stop before jumping to P5.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2022/11/28/23480977/fau-owls-football-potential-coaching-candidates-deion-sanders-coach-prime-aac-2022-2023-carousel
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

David Slavic said

owlmart said

Posted On: Nov 30th 2022, 9:23 AM #410917

You are 100% correct about the pay! I sure hope Liberty had a HUGE buyout with what they were paying a G5 HC with SERIOUS issues for a Christian school!!!!
Posted On: Nov 30th 2022, 9:41 AM #410918

Yeah the pay is the one thing that holds us back.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Also, I hope that Prime is actually being considered. This is probably the perfect intermediate stop before jumping to P5.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2022/11/28/23480977/fau-owls-football-potential-coaching-candidates-deion-sanders-coach-prime-aac-2022-2023-carousel
Posted On: Nov 30th 2022, 9:41 AM #410919

I could see that too! WE are PERFECT spot to build resume BEFORE jumping to P5! But thinking some desperate P5 place will risk it. But would mean AD's job and possibly career if he fails at that level!
Back to the top
Control functions: