Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Way too early names to consider for potential coaching vacancy

LawOwl said

I don’t understand the notion that Prime would have USF ahead of us in his pecking order. We have better facilities and and on campus stadium for one, he is familiar with our program as his son was once committed to us, we have boosters and admin that are willing to let Prime be Prime so to speak much like we did with Lane.

I think we have a better shot to land him than most people think. Boca is a much better landing spot that Boulder or Cincinnati. That said, I saw SBNation has us hiring Kendal Briles which I would not hate but also would not want to hire him over Tom Herman or Prime. Just my two cents.

Posted On: Dec 1st 2022, 7:39 AM #410958

Ja'Juan Seider was also mentioned I like his deep florida(and palm beach county) roots and running game prowess. His experience with AAC programs like West Virginia has got to help. 

Back to the top

LawOwl said

I don’t understand the notion that Prime would have USF ahead of us in his pecking order. We have better facilities and and on campus stadium for one, he is familiar with our program as his son was once committed to us, we have boosters and admin that are willing to let Prime be Prime so to speak much like we did with Lane.

I think we have a better shot to land him than most people think. Boca is a much better landing spot that Boulder or Cincinnati. That said, I saw SBNation has us hiring Kendal Briles which I would not hate but also would not want to hire him over Tom Herman or Prime. Just my two cents.

I saw Chris Kiffin mentioned in the thread and elsewhere.   That would scream laziness to me on FAU's part just like with Taggart.  Hey his brother was great so let's get him !  Im a Browns season ticket holder and he has done nothing with our dline.   Our DTs are among the worst in the league

Kendal Briles was high on my list when we stupidly hired Taggart.  I'd be fine with him , the Tennessee OC, TCU OC (Lincoln Riley's bro) and any other great offensive mind.
Back to the top

Yea I don’t like Seider or Chris Kiffin. After the Partridge experiment, I’ve had enough of unproven position coaches being vaulted into an HC position 
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

LawOwl said

I saw Chris Kiffin mentioned in the thread and elsewhere.   That would scream laziness to me on FAU's part just like with Taggart.  Hey his brother was great so let's get him !  Im a Browns season ticket holder and he has done nothing with our dline.   Our DTs are among the worst in the league

Kendal Briles was high on my list when we stupidly hired Taggart.  I'd be fine with him , the Tennessee OC, TCU OC (Lincoln Riley's bro) and any other great offensive mind.

Posted On: Dec 1st 2022, 9:39 AM #410961

That's also because they sign big name players and let go guys like Trevon Coley, a GAMER who plays with HEART! That Dline has gone through so many big NAME and fragile guys since then!
Back to the top

Unproven position coach? He is the co-offensive coordinator and running back coach at Penn State. How is that worse than Lane?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

SeminOwl28 said

LawOwl said

That's also because they sign big name players and let go guys like Trevon Coley, a GAMER who plays with HEART! That Dline has gone through so many big NAME and fragile guys since then!
Posted On: Dec 1st 2022, 10:13 AM #410963
Trevon Coley played all 48 games as a starter at FAU from 2012-2015.
He then entered the 2016 draft.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

SeminOwl28 said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Dec 1st 2022, 10:13 AM #410963

Coley is a jag.  Nothing special at all at the NFL level. I hoped he'd be great but just being honest

The DT talent is bad on the Browns but part of that is because Chris Kiffin hasn't developed anybody.  Myles Garrett and Clowney were established before he had any role

I just don't get him being mentioned as a head coach aside from being Lane's brother.   It's lazy reporting and would be even lazier if FAU hired him
Back to the top

voss749 said

Unproven position coach? He is the co-offensive coordinator and running back coach at Penn State. How is that worse than Lane?
Posted On: Dec 1st 2022, 10:14 AM #410965

Is he co offensive coordinator though ?  Mike Yurcich is showing up as the only OC with Seider as RB coach
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

voss749 said

Posted On: Dec 1st 2022, 10:14 AM #410965

Is he co offensive coordinator though ?  Mike Yurcich is showing up as the only OC with Seider as RB coach
Posted On: Dec 1st 2022, 10:44 AM #410969

I thought he was just a position coach…
Back to the top

Rumor had it that Willie Fritz was headed to GT but they ended up hiring their interim HC Brent Key.
Doubt he'd leave Tulane for FAU but New Orleans does suck….

Go Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: