Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls Land Central Michigan Transfer Quarterback Daniel Richardson

Add topic

Owls Land Central Michigan Transfer Quarterback Daniel Richardson

Daniel Richardson
Quarterback
5-11, 205
Central Michigan
Miami, FL

FAU has added former Central Michigan signal caller Daniel Richardson to the class of 2023.  He has a connection with now current offensive coordinator Charlie Frye, who was then in the same role at CMU.

Richardson played in all 13 games for Central Michigan in 2021, completing 191 of 316 passes (60.4 percent) for 2,633 yards and 24 touchdowns against just six interceptions.

He tossed at least one touchdown pass in all 13 games and multiple TD passes in seven contests. Richardson came off the bench in the third quarter vs. FIU and completed 16 of 23 passes for 276 yards and three touchdowns to rally CMU from a 17-point deficit to a 31-27 victory.

He also completed 22 of 41 passes for a season-high 326 yards and two scores in his first start vs. Miami (Ohio), and threw for 268 yards on 21-of-27 passing and a season-high four touchdowns vs. Kent State.

Richardson also had a solid year in 2022, throwing for 1,988 yards (179-of-318, 15TD, 5 INT) and his highlights for the season can be seen below:

Richardson holds the Miami Dade County career passing records for yards (9,791) and touchdowns (116) and was a three-time all-state and four-time all-county award recipient. He was named the South Florida player of the year in 2016.
Back to the top

Good pick up but probably not the answer for the starting QB we were looking for in the portal.
Lack of NIL money will hurt us from attracting potential impact players.
Unfortunately the Group of 5 conferences will become the minor leagues for the Power 5 conferences.
Back to the top

Idk I mean statistically he sounds decent
Back to the top

I mean he's better than what we have now. As a university we need to hire a consultant to help us get NIL money going, and connect with the local, very wealthy, businesses, to create a world-class program.
Back to the top

I added his 2022 numbers and some of his highlights to the piece.
Back to the top

His Completion percentage is already giving me flashbacks to nkosi. But adds a guy who has gone to a bowl game as a starter. 
Back to the top

He was a 59% career passer for CMU, which is as you mentioned, the exact same as Perry's two years at FAU.

Middle two years were obviously better than the last.

My area of concern is the lack of a rushing game and negative average all three years. Don't have enough knowledge of the system they ran, but still should be able to create something on scrambles to result in a positive number at the end of the day in at least one year. So, not sure what to make of that, but definitely not a duel threat guy.

He only had 23 attempts in 2021 and 33 in 2022.

Perry netted a 2 YPC average but also ran it 198 times over the two seasons as a "duel threat".
Back to the top

Looks like our starting QB will be either Johnson Jr., Richardson, Rucker, Starks or Ballard.
Maybe Rick knows of another, but this seems to be it.
Maybe it is not too far fetched to give Posey another shot. 🤷‍♂️
Back to the top

Solid pick up but not a running QB even with his smaller stature!

And I agree with all on here so far, keep searching.

And The NLI is gonna totally ruin competitive level/balance in college sports. Tulane WILL BE the last gasp of G5 schools. The G5 and lower levels ARE now the minor leagues providing talent to the P5.
Can't blame the players, it is a bad unbalanced UNCONTROLLED system, that Lane has been warning about for several years!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Solid pick up but not a running QB even with his smaller stature!

And I agree with all on here so far, keep searching.

And The NLI is gonna totally ruin competitive level/balance in college sports. Tulane WILL BE the last gasp of G5 schools. The G5 and lower levels ARE now the minor leagues providing talent to the P5.
Can't blame the players, it is a bad unbalanced UNCONTROLLED system, that Lane has been warning about for several years!!!!
Posted On: Jan 9th 2023, 7:54 AM #411845

Tons of G5 schools have NIL. Pratt is not staying at Tulane because because he just loves it.

Most of the American has NIL.  Donors got to step up.
Back to the top
Control functions: