Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2023 FAU Baseball Schedule

Add topic

2023 FAU Baseball Schedule

FAU has released the 2023 Baseball Schedule, and the team will be in state for 43 of their 55 regular season games.

On the home schedule are some names to note such as Miami 2X, Dallas Baptist, UCF, USF, FGCU, UCONN, and FIU.

"We are very excited about the 2023 schedule. It will be challenging. One-third of the games will be against teams that played in the NCAA tournament last year. We'll need to be ready as soon as the first pitch is thrown. There's also a bittersweet note to it as this is our last season in Conference USA. I have enjoyed the competition and the friends I have made in the league. Come on out to the ballpark. It will be a good season of baseball." - Head Coach John McCormack

Back to the top

nice stuff. Let's get it
Back to the top

Florida Atlantic outfielder Nolan Schanuel has been named C-USA Preseason Player of the Year. Schanuel hit a team-best .369 and 1.135 OPS in 2022, earning All-C-USA First Team honors. He collected 83 hits and 56 RBI and placed second in the league during conference play with a .387 batting average.

Back to the top

I hope we find some pitching this year. I feel like we have wasted schanuel ‘s time here 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I hope we find some pitching this year. I feel like we have wasted schanuel ‘s time here 
Posted On: Feb 2nd 2023, 4:22 PM #412216

Posted this a while back, we'll have more after media day. Looks like I nailed the Schanuel POTY part  :Big-Grin:

Rick said

Better than them, that's for sure.

A lot like last year though, strong hitting. Hopefully a bump in the pen with the addition of a few guys.

Cooley is back, but we need a power pitcher to step up. My money is on Del Prado taking a nice step forward given how he finished the season out.

We also brought in at least three JUCO guys as well. One is 6-6, 240 but is not proven, so I don't know how much they will rely on him but will ask. Another is a former Georgia player who went JUCO last season. He had 50 K's in 39 innings, so we will definitely be seeing him. Indian River State College right hander C.J. Williams will probably gets some starter consideration.

Offensively, obviously lost Rincones but have Schanuel back. He may be a favorite for POTY. Hartigan is completely healed now, so he will pick up some more at bats and should be a nice source of production.

We also brought in a Grad Transfer from Penn at catcher.
Posted On: Oct 20th 2022, 6:07 PM #409426

Back to the top

IT'S ALMOST TIME! With just over One Week until Opening Day FAU Baseball will hold their 2023 Media Day today. On hand for FAU will be Coach Mac, OF Nolan Schanuel, OF Mitch Hartigan, and LHP Hunter Cooley. We'll be there with more to come afterwards. Go Owls 🦉⚾️🧢
Back to the top

Without further adieu, here's Coach Mac:

Back to the top

Coach Mac on the bullpen this season:

Back to the top

Coach Mac on the players competing at second base:

Back to the top

Nolan Schanuel on the returning batters and C-USA giving him big recognition!

Back to the top
Control functions: