Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2023 FAU Football Schedule

2023 FAU Football Schedule

* As of 2-21-23 and Subject to Change | Television Schedule TBD / TBA
Back to the top

Illinois is 9/23. I checked Illinois’ schedule to see if we were going to be a homecoming game. We are not!! I’m happy about that. It was homecoming last year at at Purdue and the whole city was booked up. Many FAU people had to stay in Indianapolis and make a long commute to Lafayette. There should be plenty of rooms available in Champaign/Urbana.  I’m not familiar with the Champaign airport. There is a regional airport in Bloomington IL.
So Smitty asked me to help out with the alumni gathering. It will be a lot easier not being homecoming.  I live an hour away and have a place to stay there.

Illinois schedule:
https://fightingillini.com/sports/football/schedule/2023

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Amazing one comment on a completed schedule…that's a first for sure.
Back to the top

Glad home schedule has 3 teams who have never played here, good for fans. And home schedule is very winnable though tough as well, should be plenty of good entertaining games!

And away schedule, other than the $$ games, is winnable well.

And I do believe we will be coached and prepared MUCH better now!

As always, GO OWLS!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

I understand that the AAC schedule, with one 14 team conference was created to allow alternating teams to come to FAU each year, not (2) 7 team divisions playing the same 6 teams in the east and 2 out of western division each year.
The AAC schedule will be a challenge and entertaining every game.
Back to the top

This is the first time I can remember looking at the home schedule and actually being excited about it.

Joe Lascari
Back to the top

I'm very curious to see what big time TV slots we have this season.

I remember a few years back (2015-2016) when we were elated whenever one of our rare games make it to "national television". And don't get me started about how all our games were on facebook or stadium and had like 200 viewers…What a joke of a conference.

We're in the big leagues now and the TV marketing alone will do wonders for us. And we've been able to accomplish so much with the C-USA media deal of like 400k…I'm so excited to see what we can do with millions.
Back to the top

C-USA deal was originally $1.25M.

Then along came new leadership and the inability to pivot strategically in the new space…also, they turned down ESPN's offer to play on Thursday's for obvious reasons - which allowed the MAC and the Sun Belt to grow.

Mute point now, I am just glad we don't have the non Saturday games aside from one.
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

I understand that the AAC schedule, with one 14 team conference was created to allow alternating teams to come to FAU each year, not (2) 7 team divisions playing the same 6 teams in the east and 2 out of western division each year.
The AAC schedule will be a challenge and entertaining every game.
Posted On: Feb 23rd 2023, 3:44 PM #412554

The only every year AAC game for us is South Florida.  The other 12 rotate.  28 spots over 4 years.  

So you play the other 12 at least twice in a four year span with 4 of those teams  played 3 times .  The 4 teams we play 3 times in 4 years this cycle are ECU, Charlotte, UAB and Tulsa

Back to the top

Rick I think less enthusiasm over the schedule reveal itself because the opponents were already set.

That said… this schedule is a GAUNTLET. Such quality opponents we get in Boca too - ECU, UTSA, and Tulane… all quality programs coming off good and great seasons with followings that travel very well.

2023 is going to really be the start of something new in FAU history.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: