Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Future FAU Football Schedules

UCF return game to be played in 2025 have been moved to 2028.

We'll see if that sticks or not.

Future FAU Football Schedules - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Rick said

UCF return game to be played in 2025 have been moved to 2028.

We'll see if that sticks or not.

Future FAU Football Schedules - FAU Owl's Nest
Posted On: Feb 27th 2023, 6:23 PM #412660

Would they owe us anything if they bailed? I'd rather have the game but…
Back to the top

Here's what i can offer, although not a NCAA football contract lawyer  :Big-Grin:

Simple home and home agreement: they come here and we pay them, and we go there, and they pay us. Dates were penciled in and we had a finalized agreement for both sides.

We already paid them for coming here, so we have fulfilled the terms from our end.

Upon some off the record inquiries i put out, looks like they wanted to change the date we were scheduled to play them up there for another opponent. Maybe their new BIG12 schedule came into play. Don't know.

In any event, we accommodated the request to move the game and booked FIU afterwards to fill the date hole it created for us.

FAU isn't necessarily invested in putting out releases on these types of things, so since no one asked them it went unmentioned.

FBS issued a public information request for UCF's future schedules. They are running their business properly since that is their life's blood, so good for them.

All of this noted, we would not be whole if UCF bailed. Would think they would have to pay us, as revenue is attached for fulfillment of the original terms - which have not been modified.

That's all i got!
Back to the top

Took time to write that all out, and just got a confirmation…SMH.

Yes, they would have to pay us!

:Laughing:
Back to the top

Rick said

Posted On: Feb 27th 2023, 9:56 PM #412669

Hilarious.
Back to the top

2014 & Future Football Schedules

Rick said

Posted On: Feb 27th 2023, 9:56 PM #412669

Well that make sense, but I bet that UCF must have a much more lucrative deal in the works for a 2025 home and home opponent.
Back to the top

Going to kick off the 2025 season with a strong matchup on the road against the Terps!

Back to the top
Control functions: