Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls Land #9 Seed vs #8 Memphis in Columbus, OH

Add topic

Owl Ranger said

Third time we see Memphis in the post season as a University. Let’s make this one count!
Posted On: Mar 12th 2023, 8:27 PM #413014

First bowl victory over them, hopefully the first NCAA tourney victory over them/team Penny. The fact the committee picked two mid major conference champions in the first round that easily could both be top 25 teams is disappointing. Also it isn't the exciting P5 matchup both teams probably wanted, but will take it and think it'll be a great game.
Back to the top

Not to rain on the parade, but the 9:20 PM start time is a major disappointment to me. If we win it's midnight (no way it starts at that time and the TV timeouts are stretched) and everyone is cashed out for the day. Can't "celebrate" during "working hours".

That's some serious 🐂 💩

NOT happy about that at all.
Back to the top

Getting to Columbus cheapest I could find is $500 round trip. Insane. Do I go or have a giant watch party in Boca?

Where would Sweet 16 be? MSG?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Bottom line is the Owls got royally screwed over by;

1. Being a #9 seed. Projections were mostly 8 or even a 7 with VERY strong finish to season! NOPE, we get bumped DOWN!!!
  2. Facing future AAC foe Memphis.
  3. Placed in bracket with Purdue.
  4. Placed in NORTH bracket.

Shock 'em Owls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Today Show did a segment this morning live from FAU
Back to the top

I know it’s St. Patrick Day on Friday. But are there any planned FAU March Madness Watch Parties for Friday night? 
Back to the top

ON TO COLUMBUS!

Back to the top
Control functions: