Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2023 FAU Spring Football

Keon said

Rick said

Are you talking about Kobe Lewis?

Posted On: Mar 15th 2023, 9:19 PM #413083
yes sir and it’s no knock to the kid but I come from a football family and I know how these things work and sometimes you just gotta go where you are wanted because the window of opportunity is too small to get to the next level and we don’t have another year to waste at fau respectfully I mean after two years and a phenomenal year last year with limited Carries it should’ve been his job to lose especially with Larry hitting the portal and coming back I mean it’s just so much disrespect anyone can take and I don’t want to come off as that parent or to draw attention but if you ever met zuberi he’s quite and humble and hard working and he definitely deserves better 
Posted On: Mar 15th 2023, 9:42 PM #413084

It was the first practice with no pads. Coach even said at presser there is no depth chart. Everyone has to earn it. FAU (and most cfb teams) traditionally run with at least 3 runningbacks getting carries.

No doubt in my mind that if Zuberi plays hard and shows up to practice focused on FAU football, then he will absolutely earn playing time and run with it.

If he is thinking about hitting other schools and joining the thousands of players who hit the transfer portal with no home… look at all of these talented runningbacks that found no home: https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/TransferPortalPositionRanking/?positionkey=12.

Furthermore, the shelf life of a runningback is extremely short. If you want him to make it to the league, best bet is to have one really good season and run a really fast 40. That's it. A la Kerrith Whyte.

Everyone on this forum believe in Zuberi Mobley. His time will come at FAU. Hopping school to school can get a kid lost in the sauce.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

Keon:
Give it some time!
There has been 1, no pads practice so far this spring.
We all know that Zuberi is a quality RB and it will show when real practice gets started.
Tom Herman does not want to be influenced by any of Willie Taggart’s two deep chart, since we all know that did not work.
If Zuberi shows what he can do, he will be there, plain and simple.
RB and patience go hand in hand.
See you at practice.

Posted On: Mar 16th 2023, 8:51 AM #413093
thanks guys for all your support I’m not trying to be one of those parents at all like I said I think his body of work speaks for itself and he’s definitely not the kind of kid to jump ship when things don’t go his way matter fact you won’t hear him say a word about it but it seems like this is a Kevin dean situation repeating itself again but I’m grateful because he’s very talented with 3 years left and normally these kind of situations tend to work themselves out so no more talking out of me I will let this play out atleast until spring ball 
Back to the top

Rick said

Yes, he's out there now  :cool:

Posted On: Mar 15th 2023, 12:46 PM #413075

Thanks Rick!
Back to the top

Open Practice Saturday!

Back to the top

I always believe in the system. Football is a game of competition. New coaches and staff means everyone should start out as even. No disrespect
Back to the top

Welcome to the forum Pops!
Back to the top

Practice was moved up 2 hours without notice, so hopefully no one is heading that way now!

Back to the top

I hope coach Herman gives my nephew a chance to show what he can do this year. I’ll be at the spring game to see the new offense and whatever else I can learn about the staff. Of the QBs on the roster now, who do y’all think has the highest potential to start this season??? 
Back to the top

Did you see this article?

OwlBytes: 2023 FAU Spring Practice March 25th - Running Backs and Notes - FAU Owl's Nest

Herman mentioned three RB's, and he was the second one mentioned.
Back to the top

Do they have an article discussing qbs yet?
Back to the top