Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2023 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Capsule

Add topic

I just read a comment from Bob Markey on the CUSA Facebook page. Apparently Martin was taunted. I don’t know by who but probably the FDU bench. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I cringed when I saw him attempting it and was surprised Gaffney threw it to him, but I do get it as FDU seemed very talkative and chippie when they made their comeback and took the lead. Still not the right thing to do and don't want to garner that kind of negative attention as a program finally making a real name for itself – but this should be water under the bridge in no time and can see May addressed it directly.
Back to the top

Seeded last in the ESPN sweet 16 rankings. Behind 15 seed Princeton even though I get they beat Arizona

No story on Florida Atlantic.   Fdu has one ..

Hoping Coach May uses all of this motivation to get his team ready

They haven't shot well in either game really. Imagine if we click from 3?

Let's hope the run continues.  Go Owls!!
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Seeded last in the ESPN sweet 16 rankings. Behind 15 seed Princeton even though I get they beat Arizona

No story on Florida Atlantic.   Fdu has one ..

Hoping Coach May uses all of this motivation to get his team ready

They haven't shot well in either game really. Imagine if we click from 3?

Let's hope the run continues.  Go Owls!!
Posted On: Mar 20th 2023, 10:49 AM #413331

Yes, so great and amazing that we won both games not shooting are best from the floor.
Back to the top

It’s astounding how mean and nasty people get when given the opportunity. This thing with Martin has taken off and people comments are insulting everything they can think of. One guy tweeted that FAU should be kicked out of the tourney. Another said all Martin will ever amount to is flipping burgers. Dust May’s leadership abilities are mentioned. You name it. I stopped reading. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Comment: #news_3521

illinoisowl said

It’s astounding how mean and nasty people get when given the opportunity. This thing with Martin has taken off and people comments are insulting everything they can think of. One guy tweeted that FAU should be kicked out of the tourney. Another said all Martin will ever amount to is flipping burgers. Dust May’s leadership abilities are mentioned. You name it. I stopped reading. 
Posted On: Mar 20th 2023, 4:11 PM #413348

There's a lot of miserable people on social media and honestly in regular media too.  The woke jokes are mostly stupid people who get mad over everything.   They find things to get mad about and will never be happy

Best to just ignore them. Miami had a guy drive the court and dunked with 15 seconds left up and were up 14.  No mention.   And if Fdu had thrown a slam down at the end , the arena would go nuts and those Disney wokesters on ESPN would be slobbing on their knobs
Back to the top

d-owl said

I cringed when I saw him attempting it and was surprised Gaffney threw it to him, but I do get it as FDU seemed very talkative and chippie when they made their comeback and took the lead. Still not the right thing to do and don't want to garner that kind of negative attention as a program finally making a real name for itself – but this should be water under the bridge in no time and can see May addressed it directly.
Posted On: Mar 20th 2023, 9:49 AM #413330

I agree, there was more to that dunk attempt than just to be flashy. That was supposed to be a form of payback, an "F You" if you will.  

Joe Lascari
Back to the top

Tampa Owl said

d-owl said

Posted On: Mar 20th 2023, 9:49 AM #413330

I agree, there was more to that dunk attempt than just to be flashy. That was supposed to be a form of payback, an "F You" if you will.  
Posted On: Mar 20th 2023, 4:25 PM #413351

yeah I've heard there was trash talking all game long…. it finally just boiled over with his dunk…. I'm a basketball junkie….I didn't think it was that terrible…. they say Anderson was a whiner down at STA so it doesn't surprise me that he whined about it after the game to May….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

also…. got a response back about the regional sweet 16 tix…. wanted to just shoot up for the Thursday game then back but getting tickets through FAU automatically charges you for Sat if they advance…. that sucks cause I can't do Sat…. guess I'm going through Seat Geek….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver Bullet said

also…. got a response back about the regional sweet 16 tix…. wanted to just shoot up for the Thursday game then back but getting tickets through FAU automatically changes you for Sat if they advance…. that sucks cause I can't do Sat…. guess I'm going through Seat Geek….
Posted On: Mar 20th 2023, 10:05 PM #413375
Thanks, because I am in New York and don't want to wait on Athletics if I can just purchase online and it's not much of a difference.
Back to the top
Control functions: