Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Auburn LB Desmond Tisdol Transfers to FAU Football

Add topic

Auburn LB Desmond Tisdol Transfers to FAU Football

Desmond Tisdol
LB
6-0, 234 lbs
Rochelle, GA
Auburn

Florida Atlantic football has strengthened the linebacker position with the major acquisition of former Auburn linebacker Desmond Tisdol, who will transfer to Boca Raton.

Tisdol is a three-year veteran who has spent his entire collegiate career with the Tigers, seeing himself play the entire 2022 campaign after being a reserve in the two years prior. He recorded 13 tackles (six solo) last season, with five of them coming against Arkansas. He leaves Auburn after making 17 tackles (nine solo) in 24 appearances.

He showcased star potential coming out of Wilcox County High School (highlights below), where he collected a First Team All-State nomination, an All-American Bowl appearance, and Region 2-A's Defensive Player of the Year honors throughout his career with the Patriots.

Tisdol's talent garnered him recognition from 247Sports and ESPN, with both outlets ranking him among the top 25 recruits in Georgia and the latter putting him as the sixth best in the country at his position.

Rated as a four-star prospect by 247Sports, Tisdol originally picked the Tigers over offers from Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, Ole Miss, and FIU among others.

Reuniting with Owl defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Roc Bellantoni, who served as edge linebackers coach and special teams coordinator at Auburn during the 2022 season, he is expected to compete for a starting spot at linebacker.
Back to the top

I’d say LB is biggest position of need on D.

Big pickup.

Think we need one more.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

+1

DL and LB are areas of opportunity for sure.
Back to the top
Control functions:

Related content