Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Prepares For The American With Upgrades To Athletic Facilities

Add topic

Key infrastructure improvements slated to begin soon

Read more

Thank you

Great job, and great read… thank you for keeping us always updated

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Thanks for the update guys!

I just feel underwhelmed by the plans as listed, just a bunch of superficial "upgrades", especially to the non revenue sports areas.

Seems possibly more to the basketball facility. Don't know how you ad a practice facility without adding a significant amount of Sq. Ft. to the building. Hoping means at least moving one end wall back a lot for the practice court and even seating area at least on one end behind a basket.

Will look forward for more info especially as it becomes much more detailed!
Back to the top

I mean a $1M indoor practice facility is pretty substantial, as is a brand new $1M track, brand new practice facility for hoops, brand new weight room in the Oxley.

But OK!

:Big-Grin:  
Back to the top

I think its great. obviously long over due. I remember donating $100 to Kevin Cooney around 2003 and him writing me a personal thank you to help fund the visual for the baseball stadium.
My two cents:
1. Put the money into the Oxley, attach an indoor practice facility for basketball and baseball to that. Make that the hub. I'm concerned about the lipstick on the pig for the baseball stadium which should be torn down and rebuilt.
2. Blowout the back wall and make horseshoe seating. Change the entrance the general admission entrance to that side. Have the current lobby and suites above into a VIP area, two floors, on the court like they do NFL stadiums and then above and then behind those high end lounges. Takeout all the seating and put in a permanent seating in horseshoe for 5k-7k. you then can have concerts and graduation in there.

Not going to happen now but I think two areas to focus on, lacrosse and ice hockey. making a mens and women's stadiums are cheap. just field with some restrooms and bleachers. Ice hockey, its blowing up down here. If you can build two rinks attached, one as a practice with seating for 1k and then another with seating for 5k, you can host tournaments galore which is a huge money maker. You could probably convince the Panthers to play their preseason games there as they can market and sell tickets further North in the state. You can have high school and college tournaments 24/7. College hockey is expanding rapidly and that could help in the next step up in a conference.
Back to the top

Amazing article. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this up. I'm excited about the basketball arena. I hope the upgrades take us to another level as far as facilities.
Back to the top

Since the building structure/walls size limits how wide we can make our arena, I wonder if we could dig out the flooring and put the new court like 100ish feet lower in the ground. It would let us expand floor seating considerably
Back to the top

LOVE the black ceiling, and what looks to be LED lighting.  May have a make a trip over for some pics.

:Smug:

Back to the top

Made a trip to The Burrow today, here is a quick video showing the updated colors (so far). Black ceiling with the red metal support beams is SUCH an improvement.

HTML Video embed
Back to the top

Thanks for the video and commentary Rick!
Back to the top
Control functions: