Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 Owl's Nest Final Four Contest

Add topic

2021 Owl's Nest Final Four Contest

Back by popular demand, it's time for the 2021 Owl's Nest Final Four Contest!

SIGN-UP HERE

Password: goowls

2021 CBSSports.com Bracket Challenge Rules - CBSSports.com

You will be asked to create an account on CBS Sports if you have not already done so. If you have played before your account should still be in place and you should only have to fill out a bracket to participate.

Whatever name is chosen as a log-in will be used for updates herein, if you do not want your real name posted, please make sure to change it to your screen name on TON.

Participants must fill in their Bracket with their picks and submit no later than 12:00 PM ET on March 19, 2021.

Note: The 61st through 64th teams will be determined by the First Four round of the Tournament games. Those games will not be counted in this contest.

Contest Scoring

Second Round: The weight for each correct pick is 1. The seed of the winning team is added to the correct pick total.
Third Round: The weight for each correct pick is 2. The seed of the winning team is added to the correct pick total.
Sweet 16 ® : The weight for each correct pick is 4. The seed of the winning team is added to the correct pick total.
Elite 8 ® : The weight for each correct pick is 8. The seed of the winning team is added to the correct pick total.
Final Four ® : The weight for each correct pick is 16. The seed of the winning team is added to the correct pick total.
Championship: The weight for each correct pick is 32. The seed of the winning team is added to the correct pick total.

Forfeit Scoring

If a team is pulled from the tournament due to COVID-19 concerns after the tournament has started, the team they were scheduled to play will advance to the next round. Players who picked the team that automatically advanced will receive points for a correct pick. Players who picked the team that was pulled from the tournament will receive no points.

Tiebreaker: The total score of the Championship game.

Up for grabs for the Winner is this THROW BACK Mini Helmet!

Best wishes to everyone!

Back to the top

All,

Just a little background on this year's prize. The helmet belonged to my father. I gave it to him as a gift in the Schnellenberger era and he thoroughly enjoyed it. An FAU alumnus, and doctor and later professor by trade, he displayed it proudly in his study at home for many years thereafter until his passing on September 24, 2020 after a long and difficult battle with cancer. It would mean a lot to go to a fellow Owl Fan and find a good "new" home for many more years to come.

So, that's why I decided to offer it to this year's winner.

Enjoy the games, and God Bless.

Rick
Back to the top

Thank you for putting something that has such an emotional value to you, up as the prize!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Less than 10 hours to go! If you haven't signed up for the Owl's Nest NCAA Tournament Challenge you must do so by 12noon today. Good luck to all.
Back to the top

First round games are starting to go final.

Florida 75
Virginia Tech 70

Arkansas 85
Colgate 68

Illinois 78
Drexel 49
Back to the top

More afternoon games have gone final. Including a bracket buster.

Texas Tech 65
Utah State 53

Oral Roberts 75
Ohio State 72

Baylor 79
Hartford 55
Back to the top

Poor Walty12…….

:Crying:  :Crying:  :Crying:  :Crying:  :Crying:  :Crying:  :Crying:
Back to the top

Final afternoon games have finished up.

Loyola - Chicago 71
Georgia Tech 60

Oregon State 70
Tennessee 56
Back to the top

Evening games have gone final. Including the CUSA representative moving on.

Houston 87
Cleveland State 56

Oklahoma State 69
Liberty 60

North Texas 78
Purdue 69

Wisconsin 85
North Carolina 62
Back to the top

Congrats to the Mean Green, that's a statement WIN for Conference USA!
Back to the top
Control functions: