Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2022 C-USA Men's Basketball Championship Capsule

Add topic

Coach Dusty May, with Ken Lavicka, post game:

"I'm proud of our guys. If you look back at day one, there's been so much improvement… The progress is never quick as you want it to be, but as long as there is progress, you'll get there."

"Things didn't go well early, and our guys easily could've folded. But we battled to make it interesting late… all year we dominated the loose ball battle.. but the one's (UAB) got, they capitalized."

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Good season. Nice to get a tourney win, but need take the next step
Back to the top

So crazy, had to post it…

La Tech defeats North Texas 42-36.

Must be a record for the least amount of points to be scored in a Championship game.

In the other bracket, UAB takes MTSU in a 3OT contest 102-98.

Wow.

Talk about polar opposites!?

Championship Game will be an all West affair, and will feature #3 La Tech vs #2 UAB.
Back to the top

UAB punched its ticket to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2015 with an 82-73 win over LA Tech in the 2022 Conference USA Championship Saturday night. C-USA Player of the Year and the Tournament's MVP Jordan "Jelly" Walker led the way with 27 points on just 11 shots. Walker averaged 31.0 over UAB's three games, while his teammate Michael Ertel poured in 15 points in the win.

UAB led for all but 36 seconds on Saturday night, as the Blazers withstood several LA Tech runs over the final 10 minutes of play. UAB now awaits its fate on Selection Sunday to see who and where the Blazers will be playing in the NCAA Tournament.
Back to the top

UAB will make its first NCAA Tournament appearance since 2015 by way of Conference USA’s automatic bid as a No. 12 seed, and drew No. 5 seed Houston in the First Round.
Back to the top

North Texas Men’s Basketball, the West Division Regular Season Champions, earned the No. 2 Seed in the National Invitational Tournament (NIT) and will host Texas State in the first round at the Super Pit in Denton. This is North Texas’ first NIT appearance in program history. The first round game will be played on Tuesday, March 15 at 8 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN+.
Back to the top

North Texas 67  Texas State 63 (OT)

Mean Green (+8) come back from a 6 point deficit with :39 left in regulation to tie and force overtime, where they take control for the win.

Wow.

Back to the top
Control functions: