Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014-2015 CUSA Basketball Discussion

Add topic

Middle Tennessee and UAB are set to meet in the 2015 Conference USA Men’s Basketball Championship. The host Blazers are the No. 4 seed, while the Blue Raiders are the No. 6 seed. The game will be nationally televised on FOX Sports 1 at 3:30 PM.
Back to the top

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME FINAL:

MTSU 60  UAB 73

The Blazers cash in on home court advantage to take their first C-USA Tournament Championship as a 4th seed. They closed the regular and conference post season with a 9-4 run.
Back to the top

Really think the regular season champ should get to host the conf tourney. 
Back to the top

Bidding and planned logistics. Very hard to pull off if they waited that long to see where it would be...
Back to the top

teambeer said

Really think the regular season champ should get to host the conf tourney. 
Posted On: Mar 14th 2015, 8:10 PM #343568

Good thought but not every school is set up to host a tourney, especially a school like FAU.  Our facility has got to be one of the worst in CUSA so it wouldn't work.  As Rick stated, they really need time to plan in advance.
Back to the top

Personally glad to see UAB win, since we just beat them very late in the year. So we actaully beat an NCAA tourney team!
Back to the top

Don't let that mess up your bracket this year! I didn't give Harvard much credit after how we beat them last season and left points on the table. 

And as for the tourney, I get that it's a logistical nightmare but there really seems to be little advantage to winning the regular season. Maybe we host the tourney in a large neutral site instead? i don't know, I think I'm still bitter about our 2011 season and getting bounced in the first round.

Did anyone watch the final game yesterday? Jarvis was the color man for the broadcast. 
Back to the top

teambeer said

Don't let that mess up your bracket this year! I didn't give Harvard much credit after how we beat them last season and left points on the table. 

And as for the tourney, I get that it's a logistical nightmare but there really seems to be little advantage to winning the regular season. Maybe we host the tourney in a large neutral site instead? i don't know, I think I'm still bitter about our 2011 season and getting bounced in the first round.

Did anyone watch the final game yesterday? Jarvis was the color man for the broadcast. 
Posted On: Mar 15th 2015, 8:05 AM #343620

Yea the Camera guy had to take a bathroom break so Jarvis had him leave.
That camera guy went on to shoot the big 12 game and did a great job! Jarvis defends his decision  and so does the beer guy because he says Jarvis is a nice guy and did a really good job doing color that one game so it's ok.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

teambeer said

Posted On: Mar 15th 2015, 8:05 AM #343620

Yea the Camera guy had to take a bathroom break so Jarvis had him leave.
That camera guy went on to shoot the big 12 game and did a great job! Jarvis defends his decision  and so does the beer guy because he says Jarvis is a nice guy and did a really good job doing color that one game so it's ok.
Posted On: Mar 15th 2015, 8:58 AM #343621

Hahaha post of the day!!!!!!!
Back to the top

I DO think every regular season champ should get in PLUS the tourney champs, if different. Don't put a 4 or even 3 game tourny effort over a 30+ game full season! JUST WRONG HEADED IMHO!
Back to the top
Control functions: