Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016-2017 CUSA Basketball Discussion

Add topic

Second game was a fun one to watch!

#5 Rice - 86
#12 Southern Miss - 75

Rice clawed its way back from a double digit deficit to upstart Southern Miss. Marcus Evans paced all scorers with 26 points, but his 8 turnovers were a cause of concern. Egor Koulechov earned himself another double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds.

The Golden Eagles played lights out in the first half, shooting 46.4%, but 18 second half fouls, 9 of which in the final 6 minutes, prevented the Eagles from pulling off the upset. USM finishes the season 9-22.

NEXT UP:

#7 UAB
#10 Charlotte

UAB will have the hometown crowd behind them, but their poor form of late may be too much to overcome.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

WOW. Charlotte and UAB just played an instant classic.

#7 UAB - 74
#10 Charlotte - 73

The Blazers scratched out a victory in front of their home fans via solid performances from their "big 3" of William Lee, Chris Cokley, and Dirk Williams. With 19, 18, and 16 points respectively, UAB was able to keep up with one of the conferences' best offenses. UAB will advance to take on Louisiana Tech.

Charlotte's Jon Davis scored 21 in the second half, good for a total of 25. Davis also scored Charlotte's last 14 points, all in a span of just 3 minutes. The 49ers end their season with a 13-16 record.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Quarterfinals: (6) Marshall 64, (3) Old Dominion 63

In a game that came down to the wire, No. 6 seed Marshall advanced to the semifinals of the 2017 C-USA Men’s Basketball Championship presented by MetroPCS with a 64-63 win over Old Dominion. Marshall, who is 6-2 in C-USA Championships as a No. 6 seed, will square off against second-seeded Louisiana Tech at 3:00 PM Friday.
Back to the top

Quarterfinals: (2) Louisiana Tech 69, (7) UAB 57

Louisiana Tech, the No. 2 seed in the 2017 C-USA Men’s Basketball Championship eliminated No. 7 seed and host UAB with a 69-57 victory on Thursday night.
Back to the top

Semifinals: (1) Middle Tennessee 82, (4) UTEP 56

Middle Tennessee advanced to its third-straight title game in the 2017 C-USA Men’s Basketball Championship presented by MetroPCS with an 82-56 semifinal victory over UTEP. With the win, Middle Tennessee has posted a school-record 29 games (19-4) and has won nine in a row. The Miners were the only opponent to defeat MT during the regular-season of conference play. Middle Tennessee will square off against the winner of today’s second semifinal game between No. 2 seed Louisiana Tech and No. 6 seed Marshall.
Back to the top

Semifinals: (6) Marshall 93, (2) Louisiana Tech 77

Sixth-seeded Marshall won its third-straight championship game, defeating Louisiana Tech by a score of 93-77 to advance to the title game of the 2017 C-USA Men’s Basketball Championship presented by MetroPCS. Marshall shattered the tournament record for three-point field goals, draining 19 (second all-time in C-USA games). Marshall will square off against top-seeded and No. 25 Middle Tennessee on Saturday. Tipoff is at 8:30 p.m. ET
Back to the top

Giddy Potts scored 30 points on 10-of-17 shooting and grabbed eight rebounds to help MT defeat Marshall 83-72 and win the Conference USA Men’s Basketball Championship.
Back to the top
Control functions: