Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 C-USA Bowl Games

Add topic

2021 C-USA BOWL SCHEDULE

BAHAMAS BOWL

Friday, December 17th @ 12:00 PM

MTSU vs Toledo (ESPN)

BOCA RATON BOWL

Saturday, December 18th @ 11:00 AM

WKU vs. Appalachian State (ESPN)

NEW MEXICO BOWL

Saturday, December 18th @ 2:15 PM

UTEP vs. Fresno State (ESPN)

INDEPENDENCE BOWL

Saturday, December 18th 3:30 PM

UAB vs. BYU (ABC)

NEW ORLEANS BOWL

Saturday, December 18th 9:15 PM

Marshall vs. Louisiana (ESPN)

MYRTLE BEACH BOWL

Monday, December 20th 2:30 PM

Old Dominion vs. Tulsa (ESPN)

FRISCO BOWL

Tuesday, December 21st 7:30 PM

UTSA vs. San Diego State (ESPN)

FRISCO FOOTBALL CLASSIC

Thursday, December 23rd 3:30 PM

North Texas vs. Miami (OH) (ESPN)
Back to the top

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, who won two of their last three games to achieve bowl eligibility, have announced that they have accepted an invitation to compete in the Bahamas Bowl for the program's eighth bowl appearance in the past 13 seasons.

“On behalf of our President, Dr. Sidney McPhee, I am honored and above excited about accepting a bowl invitation from the Bahamas Bowl,” said Middle Tennessee Director of Athletics Chris Massaro. “This will be our second trip to the Bahamas Bowl and our experience was second to none at a place that is truly paradise. We can’t wait to get there and create memories of a lifetime for our student-athletes, coaches, staff and fans.”

The 2021 Bahamas Bowl will be held Friday, Dec. 17, at 12:00 PM at the 15,000-seat Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium in Nassau, Bahamas. Middle Tennessee (6-6) will face Toledo, which went 7-5 this season, with a 5-3 mark in the Mid-American Conference. The Rockets have won four of their last five games.

"We are honored to be representing Conference USA in the Bahamas Bowl," said Middle Tennessee Head Coach Rick Stockstill. "I am thrilled for this team and especially our senior class. This is a tremendous award for a team who has overcome a ton of adversity this season. We can't wait to get there."

The Blue Raiders are led by their defense which is the national leader in takeaways (31), and they have six defensive touchdowns, which is also tied for the most in the FBS. S Reed Blankenship leads the team with 106 total tackles, while DE Jordan Ferguson paces the Blue Raiders with 16.5 tackles for loss and eight sacks. DB Quincy Riley has five interceptions, which is tied for the national lead.

This will be the first-ever meeting between Middle Tennessee and Toledo. Conference USA and the MAC are tied 3-3 all-time in the Bahamas Bowl series, and this marks the second trip to Nassau for each school. One will head home to the United States with their first Bahamas Bowl victory, as Middle Tennessee fell 45-31 to Western Michigan in 2015, while Toledo dropped a close contest, 35-32 to FIU in the 2018 edition of the game.
Back to the top

I am a little surprised not that many G5 dominoes have fallen yet.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Conference USA will be sending an additional seven teams to Bowl Games.

UTSA (12-1) heads into postseason play fresh off a thrilling C-USA Championship Game win over WKU, the Roadrunners’ first conference crown in program history. The Roadrunners will play in the Frisco Bowl on Tuesday, Dec. 21, at 7:30 p.m. EST on ESPN. UTSA will face Mountain West foe and CFP No. 24 San Diego State (11-2) in the first meeting between the two schools.

WKU (8-5) will make its seventh bowl appearance in the last eight seasons when it plays in the RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl. The Hilltoppers, winners of seven of their past eight games, will face Sun Belt runner-up Appalachian State (10-3) on Saturday, Dec. 18, at 11 a.m. EST/10 a.m. CST on ESPN. This will be WKU’s second-ever trip to the Boca Raton Bowl, after the Hilltoppers knocked off Memphis, 51-31, in 2016.

Marshall (7-5), who finished second in the East Division in first-year head coach Charles Huff’s debut season in Huntington, will play in the New Orleans Bowl. The Thundering Herd will take on Sun Belt champion Louisiana (12-1) on Saturday, Dec. 18, at 2:15 p.m. EST in the program’s first trip to the New Orleans Bowl. This marks Marshall’s 18th bowl appearance in program history, and the Herd’s fifth-straight dating back to 2017. It also marks the first-ever meeting between the two schools.

North Texas (6-6) won its last five games, including a 45-23 win over then-No. 22 UTSA, after a 1-6 start to appear in the program’s fifth bowl in six seasons under head coach Seth Littrell. The Mean Green will take on Miami (Ohio) (6-6) in the newest bowl game in the 42-game lineup, the Frisco Football Classic, on Thursday, Dec. 23, at 3:30 p.m. EST on ESPN. This marks the first meeting between the two programs.

Old Dominion (6-6), like North Texas, enters bowl season on a five-game winning streak after starting 1-6 to earn bowl eligibility under new head coach Ricky Rahne. The Monarchs will participate in the Myrtle Beach Bowl on Monday, Dec. 20, against Tulsa (6-6) on ESPN at 2:30 p.m. EST. This marks Old Dominion’s second-ever bowl appearance, after a successful trip to the Bahamas Bowl in 2016. The Monarchs and Golden Hurricane will meet for the first time ever in Myrtle Beach.

UAB (8-4), who missed their bowl game in 2020 due to a cancellation related to COVID concerns, have qualified for a bowl game for the fifth-straight season and will take on CFP No. 13 BYU (10-2) in the Independence Bowl on Saturday, Dec. 18 at 3:30 p.m. EST on ABC. The Blazers will make their first trip to the Independence Bowl in program history, and will meet the Cougars for the first time.

The UTEP Miners (7-5) are back in bowl season for the first time since 2014 and are one of college football’s best turnaround stories. UTEP is set to participate in the New Mexico Bowl on Saturday, Dec. 18, at 2:15 p.m. EST against Fresno State (9-3). This is the third trip to Albuquerque for the New Mexico Bowl in Miners’ history (2010 and 2014). UTEP and Fresno State have met on 12 occasions, with the Bulldogs holding an 8-3-1 advantage. This will be the first meeting between the two since 2004, a UTEP win, 24-21, in Fresno.

FULL SCHEDULE
Back to the top

I’m not watching the Bahamas Bowl. I’m still p*ssed off. That should be us if not for blowing a 17-3 lead late third quarter lead.
Back to the top

Boca Bowl gets an attractive game again that will attract viewers! Should be a good one by two good entertaining teams. Something WE are NOT!~
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Boca Bowl gets an attractive game again that will attract viewers! Should be a good one by two good entertaining teams. Something WE are NOT!~
Posted On: Dec 6th 2021, 9:53 AM #405808

I’m still PO’d Georgia!!!!!!!
Back to the top

LawOwl said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Dec 6th 2021, 9:53 AM #405808

I’m still PO’d Georgia!!!!!!!
Posted On: Dec 6th 2021, 6:46 PM #405814

ME too!!!! Two consecutive FOUR GAME collapses not good at all!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Also, I passed the WKU busses yesterday heading to their hotel for the Boca Bowl. I remember the feeling of going to a bowl game....
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Also, I passed the WKU busses yesterday heading to their hotel for the Boca Bowl. I remember the feeling of going to a bowl game….
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 9:14 AM #405991

They deserve it, they kicked out butts with  FCS transfers. OPEN UP THE O WILLIE!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: