Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2022 C-USA Bowl Games

Add topic

2022 C-USA BOWL SCHEDULE

BAHAMAS BOWL

Friday, December 16th @ 11:30 AM

UAB vs Miami OH (ESPN)

CURE BOWL

Friday, December 16th @ 3:30 PM

UTSA vs Troy (ESPN)

LENDINGTREE BOWL

Saturday, December 17th @ 5:45 PM

Rice vs Southern Miss (ESPN)

FRISCO BOWL

Saturday, December 17th @ 9:15 PM

North Texas vs Boise State (ESPN)

NEW ORLEANS BOWL

Wednesday, December 21st @ 9:00 PM

WKU vs South Alabama (ESPN)

HAWAII BOWL

Friday, December 24th @ 8:00 PM

MTSU vs SDSU (ESPN)
Back to the top

BAHAMAS BOWL

Friday, December 16th @ 11:30 AM

UAB vs Miami OH (ESPN)

Following its 37-27 win over Louisiana Tech on Saturday, UAB has announced that the Blazers have accepted an invitation to participate in the Hometown Lenders Bahamas Bowl. This marks UAB’s seventh straight season with bowl eligibility (2014, 2017-22) and their sixth bowl appearance over that timeframe (the Blazers were selected for the Gasparilla Bowl in 2020, but the game was canceled due to CoVID-19 issues with their opponent). It is the first under interim head coach Bryant Vincent.

The 2022 Hometown Lenders Bahamas Bowl, which will be broadcast nationally on ESPN and Bowl Season Radio, will be held Friday, Dec. 16, at 11:30 a.m. at the 15,000-seat Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium in Nassau, Bahamas. UAB (6-6) will face Miami (Ohio), which also went 6-6 this season, with a 4-4 mark in the Mid-American Conference. The RedHawks have won three of their last four games.

UAB is paced offensively by Doak Walker Award Semifinalist RB DeWayne McBride (233 carries for 1,713 yards and 19 touchdowns) and WR Trea Shropshire (35 catches for 740 yards and six scores). Defensively, the Blazers were second in C-USA during the regular season, allowing just 23.4 points per game. The Blazers finished the season with two wins in its last three to get to six wins.

This will be the first-ever meeting between UAB and Miami (Ohio). Conference USA leads the MAC 4-3 all-time in the Bahamas Bowl series, and this marks the first trip to Nassau for each school.
Back to the top

HAWAII BOWL

Friday, December 24th @ 8:00 PM

MTSU vs SDSU (ESPN)

Following the conclusion of its regular season with four wins in its last five, Middle Tennessee has announced that the Blue Raiders have accepted an invitation to participate in the Hawai’i Bowl. This marks Middle Tennessee’s sixth bowl appearance over the past eight seasons and is the 10th overall under head coach Rick Stockstill.

The 2022 EasyPost Hawai’i Bowl, which will be broadcast nationally on ESPN and ESPN Radio, will be held Saturday, Dec. 24, at 8:00 p.m. at the Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex on the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa campus. Middle Tennessee (7-5) will face San Diego State, which also went 7-5 this season with a 5-3 mark in the Mountain West Conference. The Aztecs have won five of their last seven games. Each team has previously played in the Hawai’i Bowl once, as Middle Tennessee fell 52-35 to Hawai’i in 2016 and San Diego State knocked off Cincinnati 42-7 in 2015.

Middle Tennessee boasts a quick-strike offense that averages just under 30 points per game and is led by QB Chase Cunningham (2,920 passing yards and 25 total touchdowns), RB Frank Peasant (747 rushing yards and nine scores) and WRs Jaylin Lane (59 catches for 829 yards and four touchdowns) and Izaiah Gathings (53 catches for 490 yards and two scores).

Defensively, the Blue Raiders are tied for third in the country in interceptions (17) and fifth in turnovers gained (25). DB Decorian Patterson has picked off six passes this season, which is tied with five other players in the country for the national lead, while DL Jordan Ferguson (63 tackles, 16.0 tackles for loss, 9.0 sacks, a fumble recovery and two forced fumbles) and S Tra Fluellen (97 stops, 3.0 tackles for loss, two interceptions and seven pass break-ups) help lead the Blue Raiders.
Back to the top

Rick said

Following the conclusion of its regular season with four wins in its last five, Middle Tennessee has announced that the Blue Raiders have accepted an invitation to participate in the Hawai’i Bowl…
Posted On: Nov 28th 2022, 3:14 PM #410903

SAD ain't it Owl nation!!! Then again why WT is gone now.
Back to the top

UAB announced Trent Dilfer as new HC, over the objections/wants of the players.

UAB hires Trent Dilfer as coach: Super Bowl-winning QB a surprising choice to lead Blazers - CBSSports.com

He has ZERO college FB coaching experience of any kind and was HC of a small private school in Nashville!

Thoughts Owl fans? Another slot filled that does not affect our lists!

Oh, and Kiffin re-signed with Ol MIss so not coming back here :Laughing:
Back to the top

I think for me, it comes down to Deion, Herman, younger Briles or Diaz. Not a big fan of hiring some unproven position coach who hasn’t been a coordinator at the very least.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

I think for me, it comes down to Deion, Herman, younger Briles or Diaz. Not a big fan of hiring some unproven position coach who hasn’t been a coordinator at the very least.
Posted On: Nov 30th 2022, 3:50 PM #410925

Just read Deion's final 3 are Colorado, Cincinnati, and USF :Not-Talking:
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Just say "no to Diaz"!
Back to the top

cbboarder said

LawOwl said

Just say "no to Diaz"!
Posted On: Nov 30th 2022, 4:38 PM #410932

I agree. I think Diaz would be another Willie situation. It is not always the case that success as a coordinator will lead to success as a head coach. He has head coaching experience, but his track record brings more risk. I think the best he can do is 7-5 or 8-4. Same record ceiling as I thought Willie would have. 
Back to the top

No. 23 UTSA (11-2, 8-0 C-USA) won its second consecutive Conference USA championship on Friday night, knocking off rival North Texas (7-6, 6-2 C-USA) 48-27 in front of 41,412 fans at the Alamodome.

That marks the third-largest crowd in a C-USA Championship Game and UTSA history. QB Frank Harris was named the 2022 Ryan C-USA Championship Game’s Most Valuable Player.

He completed 32-37 passes for 341 yards and a C-USA Championship Game record-tying five total touchdowns (four passing), while also rushing for 49 yards on 16 carries.

Both UTSA and North Texas now await their bowl fates, which will be decided on Sunday, Dec. 4.
Back to the top
Control functions: